Atlanta vs. Texas

ATLBham

Sounds like someone else needs to take over the threads. We’re just not playing good baseball but there’s still ways to go. We need to stick with one #5 pitcher and go with it. Too much audition can lead to super inconsistent results like we did with Wright last year when he bounced back and forth from the farm to the majors.

1 minute ago, ATLBham said:

Sounds like someone else needs to take over the threads. We’re just not playing good baseball but there’s still ways to go. We need to stick with one #5 pitcher and go with it. Too much audition can lead to super inconsistent results like we did with Wright last year when he bounced back and forth from the farm to the majors.

Wright benefited from finally getting the entire year at AAA. He didn't come to Atlanta until the AAA was over. The Ynoa regression is what has killed that spot. It was supposed to be his. I truly believe we'll get Strider at #5 in the very near future. 

12 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Wright benefited from finally getting the entire year at AAA. He didn't come to Atlanta until the AAA was over. The Ynoa regression is what has killed that spot. It was supposed to be his. I truly believe we'll get Strider at #5 in the very near future. 

Exactly, make a decision to either keep them in the AAA or make one of them your fifth starter. That way they can focus and develop all they can. It’s hard to build confidence when you’re thinking that a bad game will be enough to be sent back to the AAA. I’m sure it’s already in these pitchers’ minds. Go with Strider and stay with him, even in highs and lows. That way Strider can accumulate experience and it’ll pay off in high leverage situations.

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The offense is the least clutch offense that we have seen in a while 

They haven't shown a knack for coming back at all. They entered today just 1-11 when the opponent scores first. Looks headed to 1-12. 

29 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

They haven't shown a knack for coming back at all. They entered today just 1-11 when the opponent scores first. Looks headed to 1-12. 

I don't think that is a matter of coming back...they just are not getting the clutch hits that they have gotten in the past.

The score to be 0-0 and there is a good chance that they only get 1 run out of bases loaded and no one out.

They are just not taking advantage of opportunities right now 

14 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I dont think it's a coincidence Snitker let Strider go nearly 4 innings on the same day that Elder's spot fell. Start stretching him out. 

It almost seems like they're not sure what to think of Elder... every start goes a few innings and the Strider... same pattern. 

1 hour ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

It almost seems like they're not sure what to think of Elder... every start goes a few innings and the Strider... same pattern. 

Pretty sure they know. They're both pitchers that need time to work on just a few things that would likely make them successful in the major leagues. That they've needed them to carry innings is more of the circumstances of how this season started -- shortened spring, lots of games, few days off -- than confidence that they're ready to be regulars less than two years after they were drafted. 

50 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Pretty sure they know. They're both pitchers that need time to work on just a few things that would likely make them successful in the major leagues. That they've needed them to carry innings is more of the circumstances of how this season started -- shortened spring, lots of games, few days off -- than confidence that they're ready to be regulars less than two years after they were drafted. 

Does Strider have a 3rd pitch? I see that it says he has thrown a change-up 3% of the time. 

Really think he could be nasty if he could develop either a splitter or cutter.