Pass Rusher is irrelevant if you can’t score points

We need playmakers before anything. Players that can take it to the house any given play. Patterson is the only player that can do that on our offense and he is old. I wouldn’t mind if we go wr QB wr rb with our first four picks. We need to have weapons to put points on the board. Pass rush is irrelevant if we can’t score.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Biskie said:

We need playmakers before anything. Players that can take it to the house any given play. Patterson is the only player that can do that on our offense and he is old. I wouldn’t mind if we go wr QB wr rb with our first four picks. We need to have weapons to put points on the board. Pass rush is irrelevant if we can’t score.

I thought this was going to be an analytics piece proving this to alter team building strategies across the NFL...

...😔

2 minutes ago, Bobby Biskie said:

That's definitely one way to look at it. I prefer to look at it as, we need all of the above. I don't care how we get the pieces, where we draft the pieces, I just want them to be good. Defense or Offense, oh and Araiza!

3 minutes ago, Bobby Biskie said:

Did you learn anything from the Super Bowl? 

Matt played a perfect game and we still lost. 

People need to realize this team is so bad talent wise that no matter what we pick it is likely a need.

Sure some needs are bigger than others but outside of maybe 4 starters we need just about everything else.

So no matter what we do (Offense Heavy, Defense Heavy or a Mix of both) we are still going to suck in 2022. Embrace it. 

This draft is deep at WR and Pass Rusher which means having two 2nds and two 3rds is a huge W. We can realistically get 2 of each and still get some other positions drafted as well.

23 minutes ago, Bobby Biskie said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47xjeeii3oirhe0q7cat

Roddy, TG, Julio, Ridley.....all of em playmakers and that didn't get us that SB win. 2016 was the only year our O was humming and that yr we at least had Beasley with his one good year. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

Consistent franchises value their defense and so should we. Last legit pass rusher we had was Abraham. Our D has been pathetic all these years and you want to come at us with this? Ok......

Edited by Norwood all the way!

This team had a top 10 all time offense and still lost the Super Bowl. The Chiefs & Bills could score all the points in the world and they both didn't make the Super Bowl this year.

Edited by TsuTsu

39 minutes ago, Bobby Biskie said:

Let's not start this. Falcons #1 need is a passrushs. It's been that way for 5 seasons. You don't get to revamp the receiving Corps and then cry WRs and scoring points are the biggest need. Anyone that feels this way hasn't been paying attention. 

41 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Did you learn anything from the Super Bowl? 

Matt played a perfect game and we still lost. 

THIS!

We need a complete team. Starting with lines outwards. If a QB is available and you are comfortable and believe he is a franchise player, you take him too. But timing is not right for the Falcons to do this. A QB would be set up to fail the way with the way this team is currently built

48 minutes ago, Bobby Biskie said:

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Pass rush is never irrelevant.