SERIES THREAD: Marlins @ Braves 4/22 - 4/24

ATLBrave

Man, with the way Kyle Wright has been a destroyer of worlds, it sets us up well for a Fried/Anderson/Wright/Soroka (hopefully close to pre-injuries) rotation going into next year with perhaps a big time starter - like we tried to acquire this season and last - as the final spot. 

Ynoa may have pushed himself out of the rotation for good with his glaring numbers after PunchGate.

Of course, you still have Strider/Muller/Davidson as well fighting for spots in the rotation or bullpen.

5 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Man, with the way Kyle Wright has been a destroyer of worlds, it sets us up well for a Fried/Anderson/Wright/Soroka (hopefully close to pre-injuries) rotation going into next year with perhaps a big time starter - like we tried to acquire this season and last - as the final spot. 

Ynoa may have pushed himself out of the rotation for good with his glaring numbers after PunchGate.

Of course, you still have Strider/Muller/Davidson as well fighting for spots in the rotation or bullpen.

Is Charlie Morton done after this year? Also, Strider is looking really good as a potential closer if the starter thing doesn’t work. 

Edited by NashvilleFalcon01

15 hours ago, jidady said:

I remember how happy we all were on draft night in 2017 when Kyle Wright fell to us at #5.

So far this season, he's looked like the player we thought we were getting.

Those World Series innings have meant the world to his confidence. He's different now.

Wright throwing gas out there with 97. I don't remember him going above 95

1 hour ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Is Charlie Morton done after this year? Also, Strider is looking really good as a potential closer if the starter thing doesn’t work. 

Morton's contract has a team option for 2023. Braves can keep him for $20M in 2023. That might be his final season. He doesn't isn't pitching anywhere else. When the Braves signed him prior to 2021 he basically said he wouldn't pitch for any team other than Tampa or Atlanta because that's what's close to his family home. He left Tampa to sign with Atlanta. 

Players rejected the robot umps in 2023 but we could see it in 2024. I would imagine it's the pitchers more than anything. Remember the driving voice on the leadership team during these negotiations was Max Scherzer. His reputation alone gets the benefit of the doubt on borderline calls. Can't get that from a camera. 

7 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Snitker admitted that Acuna may return before May 6 today. He said Acuna will play RF in 3 of the next 4 Gwinnett games and if all goes well they might bring him up. 

Might as well. I still think he’s gonna win MVP this year 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Players rejected the robot umps in 2023 but we could see it in 2024. I would imagine it's the pitchers more than anything. Remember the driving voice on the leadership team during these negotiations was Max Scherzer. His reputation alone gets the benefit of the doubt on borderline calls. Can't get that from a camera. 

I think we’d end up regretting robo umps as fans.