Braves @ Padres

For the A

50 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Travis d'Arnaud said this year's ball is a lot slicker and the seams are bigger than they were last year. MLB once again can't maintain a consistent ball. Travis mentioned the bigger seams are causing the ball to die in the air. He said its also impacted pitchers grip. 

This is getting so ******* old. No other sport seems to have a problem with such a basic thing as maintaining a consistency with the most important piece of equipment in the game.

13 hours ago, Jimsmusic™ said:

should've gave soler that extra year over rosario it seems

I kind of felt the same way when we signed him and let Soler go to the Marlins, but I had faith in AA that this was the right move. I am going to try and keep the faith, but it is difficult with his errors and his just total lack of production at the plate. 

If it makes you feel any better, Soler avg is .130,  11 SOs, OBP is .259 and OPS .389, as opposed to Rosario's avg .043, 5 SOs. .154 OBP, .197 OPS. They both have 23 ABs.

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I kind of felt the same way when we signed him and let Soler go to the Marlins, but I had faith in AA that this was the right move. I am going to try and keep the faith, but it is difficult with his errors and his just total lack of production at the plate. 

If it makes you feel any better, Soler avg is .130,  11 SOs, OBP is .259 and OPS .389, as opposed to Rosario's avg .043, 5 SOs. .154 OBP, .197 OPS. They both have 23 ABs.

soler atleast hits HRs when he does get a hit.

6 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Travis d'Arnaud said this year's ball is a lot slicker and the seams are bigger than they were last year. MLB once again can't maintain a consistent ball. Travis mentioned the bigger seams are causing the ball to die in the air. He said its also impacted pitchers grip. 

With all the issues and talks around pitchers using substances to gain a better grip on the ball and that evolving to increasing spin rates WHY would you produce a slicker ball that will encourage them to start up again? Rob Manfred is literally the worst commissioner in the history of sports and it's not close.

9 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

That’s some ridiculous bad luck for Rosario.   1 for 18 on balls in play?   I’ll go on a limb and say that is unsustainable.   

21 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

That’s some ridiculous bad luck for Rosario.   1 for 18 on balls in play?   I’ll go on a limb and say that is unsustainable.   

Not that unlucky. His xBA is still a pretty low mark at .115. He's just swinging well right now.