Braves @ Padres

For the A

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Offense isn't hitting and the pitching isn't stopping anyone 

It's been frustrating, but I'm not worried about the offense. Hits will drop in, balls will start going over the fence. Not worried about Fried, Morton, or Anderson either. As the starters go longer, the bullpen will be able to catch its breath. 

That outfield defense though, that's a problem.

14 minutes ago, K26dp said:

It's been frustrating, but I'm not worried about the offense. Hits will drop in, balls will start going over the fence. Not worried about Fried, Morton, or Anderson either. As the starters go longer, the bullpen will be able to catch its breath. 

That outfield defense though, that's a problem.

Yes, last night was made much worse because the OF offered zero help. I could see a move for a true CF and shift Duvall to LF with Acuna in RF of course. Even if the bat is weaker, we need the defense at this point. 

Travis d'Arnaud said this year's ball is a lot slicker and the seams are bigger than they were last year. MLB once again can't maintain a consistent ball. Travis mentioned the bigger seams are causing the ball to die in the air. He said its also impacted pitchers grip. 

7 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Rosario has 3 errors and 1 hit. The OF defense is just totally inept. That was an absolutely awful performance in every way

I think that it had to be expected in some ways.

We knew that Ozuna sucks in the outfield and Rosario has never been a super strong defender.

It wouldn't feel so bad if Rosario was hitting like Ozuna.

42 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Travis d'Arnaud said this year's ball is a lot slicker and the seams are bigger than they were last year. MLB once again can't maintain a consistent ball. Travis mentioned the bigger seams are causing the ball to die in the air. He said its also impacted pitchers grip. 

That helps explain some of our early struggles. Need some time to adjust to the ball, if they're not changed again anytime soon. 😰