We dodged a major bullet matrix style.

me4falcons

230 million Guaranteed 3 first round picks (22-23-24), a 3rd round pick and a 4th. 

For us it would have meant giving up our future when our cupboard is already bare.

Plus you know the NFL statement that was put out.

"Any transaction would have no effect on the NFL’s ongoing and comprehensive investigation of the serious allegations against Deshaun Watson. Nor would it affect his status under the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Personal Conduct Policy.”

“If the league’s investigation determines that Watson violated the Personal Conduct Policy, discipline may be imposed pursuant to the policy and the CBA.”

This board and fans would lose their minds if league suspended him for half the season or longer.

Maybe i'm wrong but if you ask me we dodge a bullet.

Seems "smart enough not to pull the trigger" is the better gun analogy for what has transpired. 

Atlanta clearly chose to pursue Watson, which is not what someone trying to dodge a bullet should do. TF was wise enough to know when to exit rather than escalate, he holstered rather than fired. 

We don't know what ATL had offered, only what Cleveland did. It could have been the case that Atlanta was never giving up three 1st rounders + young talent (e.g., AJT), even in the scenario where Watson ended up here. 

If it ends up that Watson's guilty of the allegations and the NFL drops the hammer and the fallout drags Cleveland into a soap opera that blows up any chance they have of success, then we'll say "whew, the Falcons dodged a bullet," lol. 

Meh, everyone knew that DW was going to be suspended.  It was a calculated risk to solidify the QB position for years to come.  The plan was never for this year, it was moving forward.  I am one of the biggest Matt Ryan fans, and was initially pissed at the news.  But the long term plan actually makes a lot of sense if you take the emotion out of Matt Ryan being your guy.  It didn't work, we move on and adapt.