The Browns are STUPID and WATSON WON"T fix that STUPID

zzfrow

1 hour ago, zzfrow said:

I was never really that excited about the Falcons landing Watson.  I think he is overrated and not worth the hassle that comes with players of his moral character or lack thereof.  He's going to face a lengthy suspension anyway and so his first season with the Browns will be short at best and he could miss the entirety of the season.  Considering he missed all of last season, his immediate impact to whatever team he went to was going to be very little.  In any event the Browns just gave up 3 first round picks and two more additional picks and they have guaranteed Watson $230 million over 5 years.  That means that the Falcons would have had to at the very least match that, and there is no way on earth that would have made a lick of sense.  

Watson may be talented and have lots of potential, but he is not worth all that.  Better the Browns get screwed than the Falcons. 

This is just the Browns "Browning"....seems like they've done things like this since I've been grown and a football fan.  A pitiful deal for them, but a gold mine for Watson!  
I really thought they had changed their ways, but I guess not. 
I would truly hate to be a Cleveland Browns Fan!!!

9 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

TF protected this franchise from its own demise. I’m proud of him.  I was stoked for 2 days to see DW here. Then it became a game of diminishing returns.

NOBODY SAW CLEVELAND GETTING THIS AGGRESSIVE.  DW was a Falcon up until the Browns became desperate with the negative vibes from the Mayfield ordeal. So they made an offer that couldn’t be refused.

Happy we were smart enough to say check ya later bruh.

I don't know about praising TF here. I think we were the ones played and the team and fan base who comes away bruised and battered. Will MR2 forgive us? Trust us? He'll play hard if here, let's hope it works out, but no happy ending pre-draft for us unfortunately.

TF might have spun and screeched to a halt in the middle of the intersection in AB's Escalade and able to drive away without a scratch but it played out in front of everybody to see. I don't think it was a good look IMHO. 

8 hours ago, FalconJim said:

This is just the Browns "Browning"....seems like they've done things like this since I've been grown and a football fan.  A pitiful deal for them, but a gold mine for Watson!  
I really thought they had changed their ways, but I guess not. 
I would truly hate to be a Cleveland Browns Fan!!!

Truly their best show since Johnny Football for sure!

2 hours ago, nutsandbolts said:

I don't know about praising TF here. I think we were the ones played and the team and fan base who comes away bruised and battered. Will MR2 forgive us? Trust us? He'll play hard if here, let's hope it works out, but no happy ending pre-draft for us unfortunately.

TF might have spun and screeched to a halt in the middle of the intersection in AB's Escalade and able to drive away without a scratch but it played out in front of everybody to see. I don't think it was a good look IMHO. 

You sound like you sold yourself out for DW.  Your reply addresses nothing that I said.  I didn’t praise TF, I said he gets credit for backing out of a deal when it became clear Cleveland’s compensation was simply more than this franchise could take on.

If you want to believe that the Falcons new regime are “clowns”, then that says a lot about your own butt hurt immaturity.

Clevelands aggressive offer is probably going to end up being a blessing in disguise. You can manipulate what happened for your own sad narrative but I think it’ll ultimately leave our org more healthy in the long run. LOL at your play school Escalade reference.  What played out in front of everybody is a healthier, albeit desperate Cleveland ownership panicking over another problematic franchise embarrassment over Mayfield.

Our own TF had the presence of mind to just say no. If you’re unable to see that, then enjoy your false narrative.