The Browns are STUPID and WATSON WON"T fix that STUPID

zzfrow

I was never really that excited about the Falcons landing Watson.  I think he is overrated and not worth the hassle that comes with players of his moral character or lack thereof.  He's going to face a lengthy suspension anyway and so his first season with the Browns will be short at best and he could miss the entirety of the season.  Considering he missed all of last season, his immediate impact to whatever team he went to was going to be very little.  In any event the Browns just gave up 3 first round picks and two more additional picks and they have guaranteed Watson $230 million over 5 years.  That means that the Falcons would have had to at the very least match that, and there is no way on earth that would have made a lick of sense.  

Watson may be talented and have lots of potential, but he is not worth all that.  Better the Browns get screwed than the Falcons. 

TF protected this franchise from its own demise. I’m proud of him.  I was stoked for 2 days to see DW here. Then it became a game of diminishing returns.

NOBODY SAW CLEVELAND GETTING THIS AGGRESSIVE.  DW was a Falcon up until the Browns became desperate with the negative vibes from the Mayfield ordeal. So they made an offer that couldn’t be refused.

Happy we were smart enough to say check ya later bruh.

7 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

TF protected this franchise from its own demise. I’m proud of him.  I was stoked for 2 days to see DW here. Then it became a game of diminishing returns.

NOBODY SAW CLEVELAND GETTING THIS AGGRESSIVE.  DW was a Falcon up until the Browns became desperate with the negative vibes from the Mayfield ordeal. So they made an offer that couldn’t be refused.

Happy we were smart enough to say check ya later bruh.

Our scout with a GM title was ready to put the screws to the team before Watson's fool'n save him. 

I have a dad saying. You can’t solve a physics problem with philosophy. 

Watson’s easily a top 4 quarterback with his arm, subjectively top 2. I think for all the folks who are going to call Deshaun Watson overrated or simply not as good as any other QB, take a moment to compare his 2020 to absolutely any other starter. Let me know if you still think overrated. 7 more TD, 4 fewer interceptions, almost 300 more pass yards, 5.2% higher completions and go ahead and add almost 400 additional yards for rushing. All that despite being sacked 8 more times than our guy in 2020 because we don’t even know what a really bad O line is compared to the Texans 2020. What I am saying as my opinion is there is not a single element related to football where anyone can say he’s overrated. If Ryan is great and you go ahead and take that look you can say you don’t want him, you can say you don’t like him. But he ain’t overrated. 
Better yet, compare him to Mahomes. Go ahead. Then tell me who’s overrated. Still here?  Compare his 2020 to Tom Brady same year. Then tell us who is overrated. 

It is OK if you don’t like him. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I think he will do fine in Cleveland

But that's just it.  Fine isn't going to be good enough for what they gave up.  I mean yeah I think Watson is an upgrade over Baker, and I think he can get them to the playoffs.  Although I don't think he will get them to the playoff this season, becuause I expect the NFL to suspend him for a significant part of the season.  But anything less than a SB, is a major bust from where I am sitting, when you consider not only what they gave up in pics, but also the hit Watson is going to leave on their future cap.  Not good.  

To me Watson going to the Saints made more sense because the Saints could arguably be considered to be a QB away from reaching the SB.  The Browns need a lot more than a QB to reach that point.  In the end I see Watson eventually getting the Browns back to the playoffs, maybe 2nd round, but no further.  Remember he is still in the AFC where he will have to go through teams like the Bills, Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Pats, Chargers, etc.  All of which have better teams than the Browns, and all but the Pats and Raiders have a better QB than Watson.  

Edited by zzfrow

Just now, zzfrow said:

But that's just it.  Fine isn't going to be good enough for what they gave up.  I mean yeah I think Watson is an upgrade over Baker, and I think he can get them to the playoffs.  Although I don't think he will get them to the playoff this season, becuause I expect the NFL to suspend his for a significant part of the season.  But anything less than a SB, is a major bust from where I am sitting, when you consider not only what they gave up in pics, but also the hit Watson is going to leave on their future cap.  Not good.  

To me Watson going to the Saints made more sense because the Saints could arguably be considered to be a QB away from reaching the SB.  The Browns need a lot more than a QB to reach that point.  In the end I see Watson eventually getting the Browns back to the playoffs, maybe 2nd round, but no further.  Remember he is still in the AFC where he will have to go through teams like the Bills, Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Pats, Chargers, etc.  All of which have better teams than the Browns, and all but the Pats and Raiders have a better QB than Watson.  

That's down south talk....fine means great

27 minutes ago, zzfrow said:

I was never really that excited about the Falcons landing Watson.  I think he is overrated and not worth the hassle that comes with players of his moral character or lack thereof.  He's going to face a lengthy suspension anyway and so his first season with the Browns will be short at best and he could miss the entirety of the season.  Considering he missed all of last season, his immediate impact to whatever team he went to was going to be very little.  In any event the Browns just gave up 3 first round picks and two more additional picks and they have guaranteed Watson $230 million over 5 years.  That means that the Falcons would have had to at the very least match that, and there is no way on earth that would have made a lick of sense.  

Watson may be talented and have lots of potential, but he is not worth all that.  Better the Browns get screwed than the Falcons. 

The Browns wanted to go all in just like the Rams. The Rams gave up their First round picks and traded for a Better QB and brought in free agents and all of that helped them Win a SB. They will worry about any fallout from not having any first/second round draft picks later. They gave their fanbase a Championship so that means they have at least 5 Years before the fanbase and FO gets antsy again. Their is a difference/grey area between being not guilty and being innocent, when it comes to criminal and civil situations and people's public opinion.

5 minutes ago, zzfrow said:

But that's just it.  Fine isn't going to be good enough for what they gave up.  I mean yeah I think Watson is an upgrade over Baker, and I think he can get them to the playoffs.  Although I don't think he will get them to the playoff this season, becuause I expect the NFL to suspend him for a significant part of the season.  But anything less than a SB, is a major bust from where I am sitting, when you consider not only what they gave up in pics, but also the hit Watson is going to leave on their future cap.  Not good.  

I’m so glad he’s not at the Saints. It’s fine if he’s not a Falcon. We have a quarterback. I agree the Saints are a QB away from playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Watson’s easily a top 4 quarterback with his arm, subjectively top 2. I think for all the folks who are going to call Deshaun Watson overrated or simply not as good as any other QB, take a moment to compare his 2020 to absolutely any other starter. Let me know if you still think overrated. 7 more TD, 4 fewer interceptions, almost 300 more pass yards, 5.2% higher completions and go ahead and add almost 400 additional yards for rushing. All that despite being sacked 8 more times than our guy in 2020 because we don’t even know what a really bad O line is compared to the Texans 2020. What I am saying as my opinion is there is not a single element related to football where anyone can say he’s overrated. If Ryan is great and you go ahead and take that look you can say you don’t want him, you can say you don’t like him. But he ain’t overrated. 
Better yet, compare him to Mahomes. Go ahead. Then tell me who’s overrated. Still here?  Compare his 2020 to Tom Brady same year. Then tell us who is overrated. 

A legit issue is that was one season and he hasn’t played in a bit. If we’re going by math/physics that’s a very small sample size, the same thing that caused overpaying Wentz. Hard to use someone’s best season as the expectation. 

And I think the guys really good. 

5 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Lmfao at the people thinking Watson is overrated. Geez. 

I think the amount money he received and the draft capital that the Browns gave up for a QB with ZERO playoff wins is over the top.  I am not saying Watson is not a great QB.  I think he is a QB1 to be clear.  But this embarrassing travesty of a circus he put so many teams through, even going back to last season, is cringe worthy at best.  The Browns just gave Watson more in guaranteed money than all but three active QB's in the league, and two of those three have rings.  This is a major over reach by the Browns.  They did this to save face, after they insulted Baker out of town.  

9 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

A legit issue is that was one season and he hasn’t played in a bit. If we’re going by math/physics that’s a very small sample size, the same thing that caused overpaying Wentz. Hard to use someone’s best season as the expectation. 

And I think the guys really good. 

With you though, he probably is not worth that massive contract. On one hand I am glad it’s not our risk. I like him a lot but at some point you fold. That’s likely what happened. Brownie can pay that load. 

24 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

How many games did that win him?   More than Mahomes?

Seriously, nobody is saying he's not talented.  He is - very talented.   But that won't win you games if you mortgage the rest of the team for one player - it just won't.   And we didn't have the players to withstand the lack of resources to add to the team.  So yeah - he would have been cool to watch and all - but we'd still be in the cellar.

One thing about it - the Browns have the team already.   It was the right fit - for them - and for DW.   He can win there - he wouldn't have won here - there was not enough talent around him - and we'd have no resources to add them.

Watson isn't overrated per se but he's not worth what it would have cost us. Pretty sure we had more on the table in our trade package. If we gave up 3 firsts and then he is suspended for multiple games or all the games this year, this roster could not win without him, maybe not even win him and Houston is probably getting another top ten pick next year. Thank God Deshaun took the money. 

6 minutes ago, zzfrow said:

I think the amount money he received and the draft capital that the Browns gave up for a QB with ZERO playoff wins is over the top.  I am not saying Watson is not a great QB.  I think he is a QB1 to be clear.  But this embarrassing travesty of a circus he put so many teams through, even going back to last season, is cringe worthy at best.  The Browns just gave Watson more in guaranteed money than all but three active QB's in the league, and two of those three have rings.  This is a major over reach by the Browns.  They did this to save face, after they insulted Baker out of town.  

If you don’t think any player is worth that much regardless of skill, that’s fine. However to say that he is overrated is incredibly inaccurate. Did it cost them a lot? Absolutely.  Browns also have the most complete team out of the bunch. I doubt the Browns give a crap about what Mayfield thinks. Was it a lot? Yes. Was it worth it? That remains to be seen. 

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

If you don’t think any player is worth that much regardless of skill, that’s fine. However to say that he is overrated is incredibly inaccurate. Did it cost them a lot? Absolutely.  Browns also have the most complete team out of the bunch. I doubt the Browns give a crap about what Mayfield thinks. Was it a lot? Yes. Was it worth it? That remains to be seen. 

You may very well be right.  Only time will tell as you said.