March Madness 2022

VTCrunkler

7 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

St Peters looking like a 15 seed early in this game. They can't handle UNC's size at the moment. 

I am so happy the finally lost.. they had no shot at winning the title and if they had somehow upset unc then duke would have a walk over.. at least now that game should be a heck of a matchup. 

It was a great game. Can't really be too upset because that game lived up to the hype in every way. I see some people saying that game settles the UNC/Duke rivalry forever but I dont agree. Doesn't matter who won, the rivalry is such that you never want to lose, doesn't matter what time of year it is or what happened the year prior. Same as the UGA/Bama rivalry, just because UGA won the last game doesn't mean it's settled.  

8 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

It was a great game. Can't really be too upset because that game lived up to the hype in every way. I see some people saying that game settles the UNC/Duke rivalry forever but I dont agree. Doesn't matter who won, the rivalry is such that you never want to lose, doesn't matter what time of year it is or what happened the year prior. Same as the UGA/Bama rivalry, just because UGA won the last game doesn't mean it's settled.  

Agreed UNC has all the advantages by any metric and always has but no one game is an end all be all. That's a dumb take that I hope was made on emotion. I hope scheyer and Hubert are up to the task

I mean Unc, they only played six players. Walton and McCoy came in on that very last play, but I don’t count that. It’s incredible that they were only able to play with six players and almost won it. But you have to have a rotation of at least seven or eight players

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Yeah that was another Miami game. Bill Self had two masterful halftimes in the tournament. 

Is it me or does Bill Self not often get mentioned among the great coaches enough? I was checking out his head coaching record and he has been phenomenal everywhere he has been. Oral Robers, Tulsa, Illinois, and now Kansas. What he has done at Kansas is incredible. Much props. 

1 hour ago, Unchained said:

Is it me or does Bill Self not often get mentioned among the great coaches enough? I was checking out his head coaching record and he has been phenomenal everywhere he has been. Oral Robers, Tulsa, Illinois, and now Kansas. What he has done at Kansas is incredible. Much props. 

Self has definitely had a great career. The whole NCAA investigation going on right now could hurt him a little so that'll be interesting. He did have a weaker than usual Kansas roster this year though due to that. He simply coached those guys up. It wasn't like he brought in a top 5 class and just overwhelmed people. He didn't even get a top 10 class which is unusual for Kansas basketball. 

13 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Self is a good coach regardless of the allegations. He made fantastic adjustments at half. But you can’t tell me that Kansas didn’t foul th H out of Carolina on the way to claw back. 

We should have learned what to do from the Baylor game. You're not wrong but yeah. I can't help but think bacot and love not having ankle injuries we still win regardless but it is what it is