Braves Spring Training

Unknøwn

8 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Or it's just a dumb rule considering the info that's out there but carry on.

There's nothing dumb about avoiding serious illness and possible death.

I'm going to say this one time, and I hope that you'll take me seriously.

If you are not vaccinated, there is literally everything to gain and nothing to lose by doing so. Whatever information you've read that says otherwise is lies told by people who don't care whether you live or die. I *DO* care so I'm saying this.

Get your shot.

1 hour ago, jidady said:

There's nothing dumb about avoiding serious illness and possible death.

I'm going to say this one time, and I hope that you'll take me seriously.

If you are not vaccinated, there is literally everything to gain and nothing to lose by doing so. Whatever information you've read that says otherwise is lies told by people who don't care whether you live or die. I *DO* care so I'm saying this.

Get your shot.

I appreciate it but I don't fall into the category of people that this shot will help. I had an early strain of covid (despite taking precautions) and had zero problems thankfully so I'll skip the possible side effects of an experimental vaccine. I'll never knock people who want the shot but I will knock the zero sum one size fits all narrative and the fake virtue that comes along with it. It's not based on science. It's propaganda and ego. If this prevented me getting and spreading covid we'd be having a very different conversation. As it stands most of what has gone on in this world in regards to covid has been a complete farce.

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

It's not based on science.

This is point blank wrong. I've talked to countless doctors and even some people in government response AND the CDC on this subject. Anyone who tells you that there's no science behind the vaccine is lying to you...and for no good reason. If anything, the science here is painfully simple. It's a simple modification of messenger RNA (mRNA) to signal it to create a protein that will improve immune response.

Not coincidentally, the death rates among the unvaccinated are statistically alarming relative to those who have had their shots. I've attached two pictures in this post and the next one to confirm this point. They're from this source.

Screenshot 2022-03-13 at 01-09-32 How do death rates from COVID-19 differ between people who are vaccinated and those who are not.png

Okay, I'm not adding the other one because I've reached my file size limit for a while on the Falcons board. But you can see it on the site I linked in the image to the right of this one. The gist is that unvaccinated people are more than six times as likely to die from COVID-19. Period.

So, I'm going to say this again, realizing all the way that some people will never acknowledge the reality of living in a pandemic or the efficacy of vaccination.

I like everyone who posts here enough that I don't want them to die. No matter what you've heard or what your politics are or what your family and friends say, PLEASE go get vaccinated. It could save your life.

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

This is point blank wrong. I've talked to countless doctors and even some people in government response AND the CDC on this subject. Anyway who tells you that there's no science behind the vaccine is lying to you...and for no good reason. If anything, the science here is painfully simple. It's a simple modification of messenger RNA (mRNA) to signal it to create protein that will improve immune response.

Not coincidentally, the death rates among the unvaccinated are statistically alarming relative to those who have had their shots. I've attached two pictures in this post and the next one to confirm this point. They're from this source.

Screenshot 2022-03-13 at 01-09-32 How do death rates from COVID-19 differ between people who are vaccinated and those who are not.png

I'm happy to continue talking about this via PM if you want. I don't want to junk up a baseball thread with covid stuff. I just get tired of the comments so I called it out.

2 minutes ago, Ransack said:

I'm happy to continue talking about this via PM if you want. I don't want to junk up a baseball thread with covid stuff. I just get tired of the comments so I called it out.

That's fair. I'm happy to discuss it publicly or privately with anyone who likes. My inbox is always open, especially for Braves fans. Since I'm a reporter, I've got doctor friends and other healthcare officials who have actively begged me to speak up on the subject since they've gotten drowned in misinformation. None of us can truly imagine how much needless death they've watched due to lies.

At this point, I think the longer it goes on, the better for the Braves chances of Freeman which feels weird to say. With news that the Dodgers were close coming out (even with the questionable source), I feel if they didn’t get something done, it means we are working hard and Freeman is working with us to get a deal done. 

Regardlsss of where he goes, he deserves a standing ovation when he returns home 

3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

At this point, I think the longer it goes on, the better for the Braves chances of Freeman which feels weird to say. With news that the Dodgers were close coming out (even with the questionable source), I feel if they didn’t get something done, it means we are working hard and Freeman is working with us to get a deal done. 

Regardlsss of where he goes, he deserves a standing ovation when he returns home 

To me, it seems he's probably taking all of his offers to Anthopoulos. Then AA is working around those to put a comparable counter on the table. 

41 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

To me, it seems he's probably taking all of his offers to Anthopoulos. Then AA is working around those to put a comparable counter on the table. 

Which is good for us I’d say. Since Freeman didn’t sign with the Dodgers a day or so ago, I am feeling better and better.