Senior Bowl

VTCrunkler

1 hour ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I didn't think Jamaree Salyer fit what the Falcons were looking for in a lineman. Wouldn't mind him at LG though. Easily the Dawgs best lineman this past season.

Salyer was scratched off the Falcons list the day he signed with the University of Georgia.  They don't make a habit of drafting Bulldogs for some strange reason.  

2 hours ago, The Great American said:

Salyer was scratched off the Falcons list the day he signed with the University of Georgia.  They don't make a habit of drafting Bulldogs for some strange reason.  

That was old regime. New regime hopefully will pick the best players, no matter where they are from…

17 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I didn't think Jamaree Salyer fit what the Falcons were looking for in a lineman. Wouldn't mind him at LG though. Easily the Dawgs best lineman this past season.

Have we ever known what we wanted in an O-lineman? We’ve got three 1st rounders and two 3rd rounders on that line right now and they suck as a group. Only one elite guy (Lindstrom) and a decent guy that had higher expectations (Matthews) to account for it)

41 minutes ago, ALERT said:

It’s 9 Bulldogs and 6 Yellow Jackets.

And none of them have been elite players, all mid to lower rounds. 

Three big OL misses

We drafted Jalen Mayfield when Ben Cleveland was available 

Failed to sign David Andrews as an UDFA in 2015

Passed on Tech grad Shaq Mason after drafting Justin Hardy

1 hour ago, ALERT said:

Have we ever known what we wanted in an O-lineman? We’ve got three 1st rounders and two 3rd rounders on that line right now and they suck as a group. Only one elite guy (Lindstrom) and a decent guy that had higher expectations (Matthews) to account for it)

Always thought the Falcons wanted the prototypical outside zone blocking linemen. Just not sure if Salyer fits that or not. 

6 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

i don't have the nfl network.. is there another way to watch it?  i don't mean illegal streaming, but like another streaming service that is also showing it.. thanks. 

I have vidgo and I missed it today. Now I cant find a way to watch a replay.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickWillis52?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PatrickWillis52</a> was covering punts just like that in this game.&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MoveTheSticks</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/GeorgiaFootball?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@GeorgiaFootball</a> LB <a href="https://twitter.com/Kingschan_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Kingschan_</a> showing off the SPEED on special teams 👀<br><br>📺: <a href="https://twitter.com/seniorbowl?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@seniorbowl</a> on NFL Network <a href="https://t.co/SQEbmFPu1M">pic.twitter.com/SQEbmFPu1M</a></p>&mdash; NFL Network (@nflnetwork) <a href="https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1490062860323471360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

On 2/3/2022 at 9:09 AM, TsuTsu said:

Jermaine Johnson is probably my favorite edge guy after Ojabo, don't view either as being worth taking at 8 though. I think he'll certainly be a guy that's taken in the later half of the 1st round, so we likely won't land him unless we trade down or trade back into the 1st, which I wouldn't be mad at for him tbh. Kid shows a lot of fire on the field, think he'll transition well into the league. 

I think he'll go 15-25 for sure and be a steal for someone. I like Ojabo too, but wouldn't take him as an OLB before the end of the first. And honestly, I worry more about him being a Beasley clone if he doesn't add some pounds. I think he has a better competitive mindset and drive than Beasley though, so I'm only comparing their ht and wt which is almost identical. We need someone who can at least be a factor against the run. Personally I'm hoping Karlaftis slides to #8. If he had a decent DL or opposite DE, he'd have produced a lot more in the stats column.

I'd also be fine with Hamilton, Neal, Ekwonu, or Hutchinson/Thibodeaux falling to us. The only one I'm skeptical about is Stingley. If he turns out to be consistent and injury-free he would be a great addition, but I just can't risk missing on the first pick at 8.

Hopefully lots of teams fall in love with the first QB options and trade up ahead of us or with us. The Commanders, Steelers, and GB should all be pretty desperate by draft day.

6 hours ago, celtiksage said:

I think he'll go 15-25 for sure and be a steal for someone. I like Ojabo too, but wouldn't take him as an OLB before the end of the first. And honestly, I worry more about him being a Beasley clone if he doesn't add some pounds. I think he has a better competitive mindset and drive than Beasley though, so I'm only comparing their ht and wt which is almost identical. We need someone who can at least be a factor against the run. Personally I'm hoping Karlaftis slides to #8. If he had a decent DL or opposite DE, he'd have produced a lot more in the stats column.

I'd also be fine with Hamilton, Neal, Ekwonu, or Hutchinson/Thibodeaux falling to us. The only one I'm skeptical about is Stingley. If he turns out to be consistent and injury-free he would be a great addition, but I just can't risk missing on the first pick at 8.

Hopefully lots of teams fall in love with the first QB options and trade up ahead of us or with us. The Commanders, Steelers, and GB should all be pretty desperate by draft day.

I think Karlaftis is a good player but I keep seeing him going top 10 and I'm just not sure. He's definitely a first half of the first round talent though. I personally wouldn't take him before Ojabo or Johnson but I just might be predisposed to wanting more explosive bendy guys in the top 10. 

2 hours ago, 804_Falconfan said:

I think Karlaftis is a good player but I keep seeing him going top 10 and I'm just not sure. He's definitely a first half of the first round talent though. I personally wouldn't take him before Ojabo or Johnson but I just might be predisposed to wanting more explosive bendy guys in the top 10. 

He's pretty much top 10 on every draft board. But it's a tough call for me between him, Johnson, Walker and maybe even Leal who is 290+. They all have similar usage. They can bounce around to various positions but none are a NT type. It's a tough call between all of them. Ojabo falls after them IMO. He's a little light, more of an OLB type but he'll need some developing against the run. I see him as a bit of a tweener and true Edge type. Probably only a 3rd down pass rusher at this point, but definitely has a high ceiling. I just don't see him as a 3-4 DE type that we need, maybe twice in the first 2 rounds.

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

He's pretty much top 10 on every draft board. But it's a tough call for me between him, Johnson, Walker and maybe even Leal who is 290+. They all have similar usage. They can bounce around to various positions but none are a NT type. It's a tough call between all of them. Ojabo falls after them IMO. He's a little light, more of an OLB type but he'll need some developing against the run. I see him as a bit of a tweener and true Edge type. Probably only a 3rd down pass rusher at this point, but definitely has a high ceiling. I just don't see him as a 3-4 DE type that we need, maybe twice in the first 2 rounds.

I think we might veer more to an OLB/Pass rusher from the Pees interview and our obvious lack of sacks. Which is why I'm warming up to Ojabo.