Senior Bowl

VTCrunkler

Watching the first practice highlights both Wyatt and Johnson looking good.  Not sure how to post the videos I watched but man they look better by far than anyone else I have seen.  Strength and get off is on another level.  If anyone knows how to post some video of Dline vs Oline from Senior Bowl practice would be worth watching.

Jermaine Johnson is probably my favorite edge guy after Ojabo, don't view either as being worth taking at 8 though. I think he'll certainly be a guy that's taken in the later half of the 1st round, so we likely won't land him unless we trade down or trade back into the 1st, which I wouldn't be mad at for him tbh. Kid shows a lot of fire on the field, think he'll transition well into the league. 

18 minutes ago, TsuTsu said:

Jermaine Johnson is probably my favorite edge guy after Ojabo, don't view either as being worth taking at 8 though. I think he'll certainly be a guy that's taken in the later half of the 1st round, so we likely won't land him unless we trade down or trade back into the 1st, which I wouldn't be mad at for him tbh. Kid shows a lot of fire on the field, think he'll transition well into the league. 

People said the same thing about Aaron Donald, including our staff after Aaron dominated the Senior practices. I wish we had taken him…

They're both genuinely really good [Johnson and Wyatt] but it is worth noting defensive linemen usually dominate over offensive linemen in these drills. They have all the advantages and there are simply more good defensive linemen than good offensive linemen. All the pass rushers are having their highlights this week but we know once they get to the NFL only a few of them will be any good. 

Edited by Summerhill

2 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

They're both genuinely really good but it is worth noting defensive linemen usually dominate over offensive linemen in these drills. They have all the advantages and there are simply more good defensive linemen than good offensive linemen. All the pass rushers are having their highlights this week but we know once they get to the NFL only a few of them will be any good. 

I agree . But when a guy is also dominating in teams portion also

44 minutes ago, basscass said:

Watching the first practice highlights both Wyatt and Johnson looking good.  Not sure how to post the videos I watched but man they look better by far than anyone else I have seen.  Strength and get off is on another level.  If anyone knows how to post some video of Dline vs Oline from Senior Bowl practice would be worth watching.

Took em both in my most recent mock 😁 After the senior bowl and with good outings at the combine Johnson could end up being considered with our pick IMO and Wyatt might find himself in the back end of the 1st Rd. Hoping he falls to us but Phidarian Mathis might be a good plan B

Jermaine Johnson has likely already played himself into the 1st round if he wasn't there already. 

The one year of production is scary but understandable when in Georgia's stacked defense. 

Feel like a slight trade back (maybe Browns come up for a WR1) and getting either Walker or Johnson might be the best plan going into draft night. 

11 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Jermaine Johnson has likely already played himself into the 1st round if he wasn't there already. 

The one year of production is scary but understandable when in Georgia's stacked defense. 

Feel like a slight trade back (maybe Browns come up for a WR1) and getting either Walker or Johnson might be the best plan going into draft night. 

Even at UGA he was pretty effective. 5 sacks as a backup for the Bulldogs is pretty good.

I'd be like "draft A+" if we could get one of these UGA linemen (Walker or Wyatt; maybe the big man himself only because I know how much it would free up Grady in his contract year). If we could land 2 bad men at DT and DE, (Walker, Wyatt, Davis, Travis Jones or Jermaine Johnson, even Karlaftis) I'd give it an A+.