Jump to content

Senior Bowl


VTCrunkler
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

this week is so freaking important.. there are so many players who are impress and move up draft boards thanks to the senior bowl..  it's one game I like to watch a lot.. thanks for posting this thread VT. 

Absolutely man. I’m wondering if there’s a correlation between who does well in this game to who does well in the nfl. Is this game a predictor of nfl success?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Absolutely man. I’m wondering if there’s a correlation between who does well in this game to who does well in the nfl. Is this game a predictor of nfl success?

Not sure but we drafted 5 players who attended in last year's draft.

From what I can see so far on Day 1, CB Coby Jones looks like the best DB there. Also DT Jones from Conn stood out as did #34 (Mafe or Mofe??) and #91 was eating tackles up. Not sure who he is yet but I think he's a DE.

Although I haven't been able to get even the number, because I can only see his helmet, but the guy playing center from Michigan looks like he's stonewalling everyone.

I did notice Kendrick from UGA get torched twice and once he wasn't even trailing within 5-8 yards. My draft list might have to be amended. 😭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Not sure but we drafted 5 players who attended in last year's draft.

From what I can see so far on Day 1, CB Coby Jones looks like the best DB there. Also DT Jones from Conn stood out as did #34 (Mafe or Mofe??) and #91 was eating tackles up. Not sure who he is yet but I think he's a DE.

Although I haven't been able to get even the number, because I can only see his helmet, but the guy playing center from Michigan looks like he's stonewalling everyone.

I did notice Kendrick from UGA get torched twice and once he wasn't even trailing within 5-8 yards. My draft list might have to be amended. 😭

Good work. Dare we take another Michigan o lineman? 
 

conn is predicted to go in what round?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 804_Falconfan said:

 

 

That’s a tough position probably the hardest one for a tackle alone on an island without help and you basically have to catch the other guy all the momentum is it going against you and if he puts a spin move if you have your Self in position to prepare to receive the incoming force all the while if you have the tackles momentum going forward it’s easy to put a spin move on him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

Good work. Dare we take another Michigan o lineman? 
 

conn is predicted to go in what round?

I've seen him as late as the 3rd. And please no more Michigan OLman hahaha  at least none of the undersized ones. If we don't draft OL in tound one or two, we need to just stay away from them. 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, celtiksage said:

I've seen him as late as the 3rd. And please no more Michigan OLman hahaha  at least none of the undersized ones. If we don't draft OL in tound one or two, we need to just stay away from them. 😅

That Michigan guy got blown up and was walked back in some of those drills. Pass for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I saw him not looking so good today. But then, after watching OL vs DL today, there's not an OL there that I would take. They all looked like Mayfield on a Sunday. 🤣🤣

They were all getting rocked back. I’d like to see how the top top guys do. Even the u derclassmen. Or is the drill inherently in favor of the DL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

They were all getting rocked back. I’d like to see how the top top guys do. Even the u derclassmen. Or is the drill inherently in favor of the DL?

First day or so is inherently in the DL favor just because the offensive line doesn't have time to really study what moves that player tends to do but as the week goes on I think it starts to balance out unless that player's just that much better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

They were all getting rocked back. I’d like to see how the top top guys do. Even the u derclassmen. Or is the drill inherently in favor of the DL?

I think the DL attending are just much better than the OL attending. There's no Neal, Linderbaum, Ekwonu, or Cross out there. Similarly, most of it is one on one. It might be different if the DL had to go through the OL and another guy chipping them. There's just so much more room to roam when they're one on one while there wouldn't be if the whole OL was out there taking up space. Just my guess though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oztin said:

First day or so is inherently in the DL favor just because the offensive line doesn't have time to really study what moves that player tends to do but as the week goes on I think it starts to balance out unless that player's just that much better

Wpuld explain things at the one one one drills. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

I think the DL attending are just much better than the OL attending. There's no Neal, Linderbaum, Ekwonu, or Cross out there. Similarly, most of it is one on one. It might be different if the DL had to go through the OL and another guy chipping them. There's just so much more room to roam when they're one on one while there wouldn't be if the whole OL was out there taking up space. Just my guess though.

I was thinking the same. In a OL vs DL in a game there are so many more variables.  You’re gunna have help occasionally from a guard or TE to chip. I enjoy seeing a tackle dominate one on one during a game. Like an Orlando pace or McKinney. I don’t think those guys are apimd

anymore. Maybe Tyron smith?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

I think the DL attending are just much better than the OL attending. There's no Neal, Linderbaum, Ekwonu, or Cross out there. Similarly, most of it is one on one. It might be different if the DL had to go through the OL and another guy chipping them. There's just so much more room to roam when they're one on one while there wouldn't be if the whole OL was out there taking up space. Just my guess though.

And yeah the top OL is not there. I’d like to see them in live drills. I think they do more at the senior bowl than the pro days. At least more mimicking real action. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...