Cam traded for nothing, really??

thanat0s

4 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

All pro potential but....inconsistent .

Not much you can do in 5min, plus Thibs is big on running his starters.(That is why he usually over performs in the regular season)  He is going to have to cut his teeth on defense to get more minutes, then show his offense when he gets those minutes. 

I still think we would have been better off following @Expert Poster plan instead of just trading him. Funny how his complaint ended up being addressed now that he is gone.

7 hours ago, Expert Poster said:

This is insane. Lou Williams is shooting 38% from the floor this year, and he's old and doesn't play good defense. It would make no sense at all starting him at the 2. He wasn't even a regular starter in his prime. 

And Wright is not trash. He's the best defensive guard on the team. 

I’m not saying to make that permanent. The point is that Huerter needs to be coming off the bench at the 2.  Our 2nd team just plays better when he is in that mix.

And if Huerter is coming off the bench, then someone else needs to be the starting 2.  And that should no longer be Bogi, and it also shouldn’t be Wright because his shooting is even more inconsistent than uber-inconsistent Bogi, who’s lack of D is magnified tenfold playing next to Trae. 

And I don’t care if Wright can play D, he’s a terrible point/floor general.

So sorry, but if you suck at the point, AND you’re too inconsistent a shooter to be the 2, then you’re trash on this team.

We have a formula that works when we follow it and shoot with some consistency.  Wright doesn’t fit that formula and disrupts it bigly. His defensive prowess is moot as a result.

And since we have no other alternatives, I’d rather see Lou as the starting 2 until we make some form of trade for a 2 that includes Bogi and the Reddish protected first.

Our 2nd team should be Cooper, Huerter, Gallo, Jalen, OO, or maybe Cooper, Huerter, Knox, Gallo, OO.  Why Cooper and JJ are wasting away on the bench I just don’t get. If we’re not going to use JJ, then include him in a trade for a starting SG.

2 minutes ago, Beef said:

I’m not saying to make that permanent. The point is that Huerter needs to be coming off the bench at the 2.  Our 2nd team just plays better when he is in that mix.

And if Huerter is coming off the bench, then someone else needs to be the starting 2.  And that should no longer be Bogi, and it also shouldn’t be Wright because his shooting is even more inconsistent than uber-inconsistent Bogi, who’s lack of D is magnified tenfold playing next to Trae. 

And I don’t care if Wright can play D, he’s a terrible point/floor general.

So sorry, but if you suck at the point, AND you’re too inconsistent a shooter to be the 2, then you’re trash on this team.

We have a formula that works when we follow it and shoot with some consistency.  Wright doesn’t fit that formula and disrupts it bigly. His defensive prowess is moot as a result.

And since we have no other alternatives, I’d rather see Lou as the starting 2 until we make some form of trade for a 2 that includes Bogi and the Reddish protected first.

Our 2nd team should be Cooper, Huerter, Gallo, Jalen, OO, or maybe Cooper, Huerter, Knox, Gallo, OO.  Why Cooper and JJ are wasting away on the bench I just don’t get. If we’re not going to use JJ, then include him in a trade for a starting SG.

There is not a team in the NBA that would start Lou at this point in his career. I'm just glad we're getting anything at all out of him. 

And no, Wright is not trash on this team, and no, his defensive ability is not "moot." He makes heady plays game after game, and he's become steadily more comfortable with his offense. He's not a true PG, but the only one of those we have who is NBA-caliber right now is Trae. Sharife may be in a year or so, but he's not there yet.  Wright has a positive net rating and is a very good complementary player on this team. 

Start Lou??? No.

Huerter is excelling as a starter. He has picked up his defense since the Cam trade.

Cooper is not ready for the backup role. Wright has seemed to have found his niche playing more minutes with Cam gone and his defense is certainly relevant for a team that has been struggling with defense at the POA.

4 hours ago, Expert Poster said:

There is not a team in the NBA that would start Lou at this point in his career. I'm just glad we're getting anything at all out of him. 

And no, Wright is not trash on this team, and no, his defensive ability is not "moot." He makes heady plays game after game, and he's become steadily more comfortable with his offense. He's not a true PG, but the only one of those we have who is NBA-caliber right now is Trae. Sharife may be in a year or so, but he's not there yet.  Wright has a positive net rating and is a very good complementary player on this team. 

Since the Reddish trade:

L, L, L, W, W, W, W

Bogi: -15, -17, DNP, DNP, DNP, DNP, DNP

Huerter: -17, 0, -7, +19, +12, +3, +13 = +23

Wright: -9, +14, -8, -6, +1, -5, +12 = -1

Williams: DNP, DNP, +2, 0, +2, +6, +2 = +12

I don’t know, maybe you’re right about Huerter actually needing to be the starting 2.  But Wright is all over the place while having only 1 game so far out of 7 where he contributed to a win, and some ugly minus games, suggesting his defense might not be exactly what we think it is.

But I think we can all agree Bogi has become a liability.  Dude simply plays no D, and there was a huge shift in positive play shortly after he gets injured.

Again, I’m not suggesting Lou Williams is any kind of permanent solution, I just don’t like Wright at the point when Trae is out, nor at the 2 when Trae is in. I’ve been watching him closely for weeks now and I see our 2nd unit become disjointed and lose flow when he runs point. And then when he’s occasionally at the 2 with most of the 1st unit, the flow also goes to crap.

He’s never on a wing because I’m guessing he can’t hit from a corner. Hunter or Huerter or occasionally Collins are the only guys who ever shoot from the corners, and Wright just muddles around the arch until sometimes forcing a brick or just happens to get a rare assist.  Can’t slash, can’t shoot from the corners, doesn’t create opportunities for others, and is also putting up minus games during team wins.

Sorry, I just don’t like the guy and not seeing what you’re seeing.  I want Cooper playing.  If for nothing else than just to see if we can sustain a consistent game flow all game no matter who’s on the floor.

10 hours ago, Beef said:

Since the Reddish trade:

L, L, L, W, W, W, W

Bogi: -15, -17, DNP, DNP, DNP, DNP, DNP

Huerter: -17, 0, -7, +19, +12, +3, +13 = +23

Wright: -9, +14, -8, -6, +1, -5, +12 = -1

Williams: DNP, DNP, +2, 0, +2, +6, +2 = +12

I don’t know, maybe you’re right about Huerter actually needing to be the starting 2.  But Wright is all over the place while having only 1 game so far out of 7 where he contributed to a win, and some ugly minus games, suggesting his defense might not be exactly what we think it is.

But I think we can all agree Bogi has become a liability.  Dude simply plays no D, and there was a huge shift in positive play shortly after he gets injured.

Again, I’m not suggesting Lou Williams is any kind of permanent solution, I just don’t like Wright at the point when Trae is out, nor at the 2 when Trae is in. I’ve been watching him closely for weeks now and I see our 2nd unit become disjointed and lose flow when he runs point. And then when he’s occasionally at the 2 with most of the 1st unit, the flow also goes to crap.

He’s never on a wing because I’m guessing he can’t hit from a corner. Hunter or Huerter or occasionally Collins are the only guys who ever shoot from the corners, and Wright just muddles around the arch until sometimes forcing a brick or just happens to get a rare assist.  Can’t slash, can’t shoot from the corners, doesn’t create opportunities for others, and is also putting up minus games during team wins.

Sorry, I just don’t like the guy and not seeing what you’re seeing.  I want Cooper playing.  If for nothing else than just to see if we can sustain a consistent game flow all game no matter who’s on the floor.

Wright is shooting 44% from 3 and has the best assist/turnover ratio on the team. Like I said, he has a positive net rating for the season, which is more than a 7-game sample. And Lou has been running point for the second unit much more than Wright. If the team thought Cooper was ready to play significant NBA minutes, I'm sure he would be out there. It's not going to happen in the middle of a winning streak in which we're playing our best defense of the year, though. 

And Huerter is the most sensible option at starting SG at this point. 

Cam Reddish unlikely to crack Knicks rotation

i_55_87_a2_cam-reddish.png?w=190

Reddish didn’t get off the bench again in the loss Friday night at Milwaukee, and despite six losses over the past seven games, Thibodeau indicated that he isn’t likely to alter his current 10-man rotation without an injury or further trades. “Everything was discussed. We like who he is. We like the talent,” Thibodeau said when asked about Reddish following the game Friday. “And right now — it’s a long season. We knew we traded someone who wasn’t in the rotation, so you can’t keep adding to it without taking someone out. We can have injuries, so just have to be patient and work our way through it.”

4 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Cam Reddish unlikely to crack Knicks rotation

i_55_87_a2_cam-reddish.png?w=190

Reddish didn’t get off the bench again in the loss Friday night at Milwaukee, and despite six losses over the past seven games, Thibodeau indicated that he isn’t likely to alter his current 10-man rotation without an injury or further trades. “Everything was discussed. We like who he is. We like the talent,” Thibodeau said when asked about Reddish following the game Friday. “And right now — it’s a long season. We knew we traded someone who wasn’t in the rotation, so you can’t keep adding to it without taking someone out. We can have injuries, so just have to be patient and work our way through it.”

**** 🥶

2 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

It's a careful what you wish for kind of thing.

2 hours ago, thofin21 said:

The grass might look greener but it's a mirage sometimes.

Totally agree and he definitely should have stayed the course with the Hawks and worked his way up to more PT.  Now he’s definitely stuck in a no win situation.

6 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

It's a careful what you wish for kind of thing.

5 hours ago, thofin21 said:

The grass might look greener but it's a mirage sometimes.

3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Totally agree and he definitely should have stayed the course with the Hawks and worked his way up to more PT.  Now he’s definitely stuck in a no win situation.

I said this in our game thread about Cam wanting out right after we went to the Eastern Conference Finals. He wasn't a bad teammate, however, him wanting this WAS an issue. It is what it is now.

Edited by 2smooth4u