Post Your Mock Draft Here And Stack It Against Other Mock Drafts.

• SoCalFalconFan changed the title to Post Your Mock Draft Here And Stack It Against Other Mock Drafts.

Here's a quick one. I stopped at r4, because it's just darts at a board that late until we get to some combines and pro days. Heck r4 is a stretch for any accuracy.

1. George Karloftis (ED) Purdue. - Big, fast guy who can penetrate from any position. He might get out talented at times during his career, but it's doubtful he'll get outworked. He's definitely a love him or hate him type among draft watchers, but in this draft run, he was BPA and addresses a need. Best of both worlds.

Other available: Linderbaum, C, Pickett QB

2A. Jordan Davis (NT) Georgia - I personally doubt he's around at our pick in round 2, but that's how this draft fell. I have zero doubt that he is exactly the kind of DL space eating monster we need to unlock our defensive potential.

Others: Myjai Sanders ED, Zion Johnson G

2B. James Cook, RB, Georgia - This was a tough choice, because I really like the CB Emmerson of MS State. But I think for our immediate needs, we could use a guy like Cook. Maybe it doesn't conjure up the best imagery for Falcons fans, but he reminds me of the best of Devonta Freeman. 

Others: Martin Emmerson CB, Jalen Tolbert WR

3. Jalen Pitre, CB, Baylor - A solid nickel prospect who could slide outside as well.  I'm not as well versed on him as early as this, but from what little I read and watched, he'd be a fine pick here considering the alternatives.

Others: Isaiah Spiller RB, Logan Hall DL

4. Lecitus Smith, G, VaTech - a prospect who only gave up 4 sacks in his 33 game college career. He has a solid body for the NFL from what I can tell. 

Others: Zakhari Franklin WR, Derrick Deese Jr TE

11 minutes ago, Jesus said:

My brother and cousins were laughin about that the other night. When we used to prowl, this dog of a gal that everybody called Kool-Aid (because she was shaped like the pitcher) was easier to make than a ham sandwich. Brought up lots of memories. 😂

Some assumptions in this:

• The Falcons are going to sign 1-2 decent IOL once cap space is cleared. 
  • This is only rounds 1-3. The draft is already a crap shoot as is, anything after round 3 is just throwing darts. 
  • No trading. It's just impossible to predict.
  • I initially went with Andrew Booth (CB) with the #8 pick, but the other EDGE picks I wanted were typically gone or too big of a reach at #43. 

image.png.efd9d8e625bd9fe7c1f3af9199b8ade7.png

#8: A slight reach (probably more of a mid-1st) but was the best DL on the board in my opinion. The guy absolutely disrupts the interior and relies on technique and strength equally. 

#43: Excellent tackler, shows the ability to pre-diagnose play direction, quick reaction, and is quite good in pass coverage. 

#63: He's surprisingly quick for his size (220 lbs) and over half of his rushing yards came after contact. Finds the lane incredibly quickly. His one downside is he has to improve his pass blocking. 

#74: He didn't really 'blossom' until this past season. Relies too much on strength vs technique, but he does posses some great hand movement. His 2021 season proved he is willing and can make strides in his ability. 

Edited by dirtybirds233

only did 4 rounds....

image.thumb.png.d07062ba29714fe15e50c5f64809aa71.png

dean, sanders, and metchie you should all know about already. hall is my favourite RB in this draft (although charbonnet is my 1b favourite). verone mckinley could be a steal for someone, he's an absolute ball hawk and i'd be surprised if he's still on the table that late.

PFF: Easily the most intuitive simulator in terms of trades, viewing grades, etc. but IMO they have some pretty poor player ratings. 

TDN: No customization or trades, but has the most in depth analysis and player rankings. 

PFN: This is the worst of the three IMO. Draft picks seems completely random (Jets took Matt Coral in one of mine) and at least last year, analysis wasn't uploaded for most. 

Edited by dirtybirds233

4 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Literally every time I see or type ED nowadays, I hear those sports talk radio ads ringing in my ears. Does anyone but them and divorce lawyers ever advertise on those networks?

There used to be a divorce lawyer ad on 92.9 and it cracked me up every single time. "You worked hard for this, you did everything for your wife, you put a roof over her head, and now she's wanting to ruin all of that hard work."

Idk man, maybe she worked hard too and the guy's just an *******? 

Edited by dirtybirds233