Stetson Bennett was the MVP of the Orange Bowl and National Title Game.. We beat bama with Stetson!!!

SacFalcFan

4 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

I’m sure there were many like you, that stated “they’ll never win a championship with him at QB”, only to come out bitter.. and wrong. 

I am one of them myself.  I said there was no way I saw us beating Alabama with Stetson at quarterback.  I thought he wouldn't be able to make the plays when he needed to and I was wrong.  First I thought he could do it, but then after that sec title game I lost all of my faith in him and Stetson proved me wrong.  I am now a huge Stetson supporter because he threw some freaking amazing passes in that 4th quarter and to do that after a horrible call by the officials IMO that helped give alabama the lead showed just how freaking awesome Stetson is.  There aren't many quarterbacks out there who could have made those plays in that situation.  

6 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I am one of them myself.  I said there was no way I saw us beating Alabama with Stetson at quarterback.  I thought he wouldn't be able to make the plays when he needed to and I was wrong.  First I thought he could do it, but then after that sec title game I lost all of my faith in him and Stetson proved me wrong.  I am now a huge Stetson supporter because he threw some freaking amazing passes in that 4th quarter and to do that after a horrible call by the officials IMO that helped give alabama the lead showed just how freaking awesome Stetson is.  There aren't many quarterbacks out there who could have made those plays in that situation.  

Baby Hat GIF

6 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

What amazing plays did he make exactly that few QBs could do?

5 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Your entire argument of Stetson being a good QB is the Natty. Are you naturally this dense or do you work at it?

Show me where I said that. I’ll wait. 

PS Try doing it without your regular **** talk posting

6 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Show me where I said that. I’ll wait. 

PS Try doing it without your regular **** talk posting

Lol I’m too lazy to go through and dig for all that. We will see what happens this year, if he takes us to a Natty without having to be carried I’ll say I was wrong but if we drop two games I don’t wanna hear any excuses about “well the defense just isn’t what it was last year, it ain’t his fault”.

48 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

You’ve said this is another thread but sure let’s pretend

Guess we’re gonna have to since it’s too much for you to prove. Funny.. aren’t you always the one asking others to provide proof of you saying something? Like when you repeatedly stated we’d never win one with Stet as starting quarterback. 
Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

35 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Guess we’re gonna have to since it’s too much for you to prove. Funny.. aren’t you always the one asking others to provide proof of you saying something? Like when you repeatedly stated we’d never win one with Stet as starting quarterback. 
Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

Burden of proof is on the accuser I’m just a lazy accuser. Most people are and that’s fine with me lol. 

Who care if Stetson is a great QB or not. Defense obviously carried the team last season, but he made some great plays when we really needed them. I had real doubts about us being able to beat Bama with him at QB but he proved he could get the job done so ima just shut up and cheer him on. His legacy is sealed. Hating on your own players after they won a natty is a bad look

3 hours ago, Carter said:

Who care if Stetson is a great QB or not. Defense obviously carried the team last season, but he made some great plays when we really needed them. I had real doubts about us being able to beat Bama with him at QB but he proved he could get the job done so ima just shut up and cheer him on. His legacy is sealed. Hating on your own players after they won a natty is a bad look

Agreed.

Is Stetson great?  Probably not - but he was “good enough” all 2021 and when he absolutely HAD TO BE GREAT -in the 4th quarter of the NATTY, he was great - and he truly was great then and he was great versus Michigan.

Stet was not the best player on the team, or the offense. I don't know of anyone that would describe him as "elite". 

I don't understand how someone can be judged on JUST their mistakes. Sure, he made mistakes. But, i saw with my own 2 eyes (i was at the NC game) that he was clutch in the 4th quarter against a bama team that was coming for him on every play. They knew he had a tendency to get rattled and were determined to rattle him. It didn't work in the 4th quarter. 

I think he is a lot like AJ McCarron or some of the other bama QBs who won titles with their elite defenses. 

He did exactly what we needed him to do last year and we WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. 

I hope he balls out this year, but I trust the coaching staff to put the right people in place to give us the best chance to win. If it's him, great! If it's someone else, great! 

We won't know until the games are played and no amount of pontificating on your own agenda will change that. 

• 1 month later...