Transfer Portal

Unknøwn

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

JT going to the portal legit?

It's real, he hasn't submitted the paperwork yet but from the sounds of it that's just a formality. It's a very crowded QB room in Athens whether Stetson comes back or not. Hes probably looking for a place that promises him QB1 for his last ride. Monken obviously doesn't believe JT's style fits his offense. 

1 hour ago, dirtybirds233 said:

He's obviously going to Georgia Southern to reunite with Coach Helton 

I wouldn't rule it out. Helton wanted JT to stay in LA and JT defended Helton publicly. Not saying it'll happen but I wouldn't call it crazy. 

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

I wouldn't rule it out. Helton wanted JT to stay in LA and JT defended Helton publicly. Not saying it'll happen but I wouldn't call it crazy. 

I was mostly being sarcastic since Daniels will have his pick of the litter, but I don't doubt at all that Helton will at least reach out. My guess is he ends up back in the Pac 12. 

9 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

I was mostly being sarcastic since Daniels will have his pick of the litter, but I don't doubt at all that Helton will at least reach out. My guess is he ends up back in the Pac 12. 

If Bo Nix wasn't already in Eugene I'd be willing to bet money he'd just following Lanning out west. 

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

JT going to the portal legit?

It is expected. Word is that he's graduating in spring so I would not look for him to transfer until then. He may look into his options now with the portal so he has plenty of time to go through that process.

Carson Beck is also expected to transfer in spring IF he can pass his classes and have enough credits to be eligible to transfer. He currently does not have enough credits to transfer anywhere from what we are told.

7 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

What’s up with the rumors that Darnell Washington may enter the portal?

Rumors. He has another young child now which may complicate the situation for him, but until he goes into the portal I'm not going to think about it too much.

Arik Gilbert was spotted at the parade and dressed with the team to celebrate. Word is that he is on track and expected to continue making the progress he needs to make to be on the field playing with us next season. That also COULD possibly play into Washington's decision process, although Gilbert reportedly will be a WR for us and not a TE.

Kirby is heard in the locker room video telling the guys to appreciate this moment after the win, saying "I don't care where you go... Darnell" during part of his speech talking about how this can never be taken away from them. May be a foregone conclusion that DW is leaving for whatever reasons he has.

9 hours ago, Carter said:

Kirby is heard in the locker room video telling the guys to appreciate this moment after the win, saying "I don't care where you go... Darnell" during part of his speech talking about how this can never be taken away from them. May be a foregone conclusion that DW is leaving for whatever reasons he has.

Darnell put all his UGA stuff back up on IG. So it appears thats over for now or at least until the end of spring. These guy have a lot of outside influences chirping in their ear about this and that. Thing is Darnell's game is tailor made for the NFL and what he's been doing is more than enough to get himself drafted in a good spot. Hopefully he has someone close to him that will help him see that.

2 hours ago, Ransack said:

Darnell put all his UGA stuff back up on IG. So it appears thats over for now or at least until the end of spring. These guy have a lot of outside influences chirping in their ear about this and that. Thing is Darnell's game is tailor made for the NFL and what he's been doing is more than enough to get himself drafted in a good spot. Hopefully he has someone close to him that will help him see that.

Monken has definitely shown a willingness to spread the ball around, Washington should be a big part of the offense should he remain at UGA. Equally though these guys have to be getting bombarded by their friends and families, previous coaches etc. NIL all plays a part, I wouldn't blame anybody for leaving either. It's just up to CKS and staff to replace them.

Former Vol QB Harrison Bailey committed to UNLV. 

Brian Kelly's plan to rebuild his depleted roster through the portal is working. Hes landed 11 from the portal so far and reportedly more to come. He was down to around 30 scholarship players. 

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Former Vol QB Harrison Bailey committed to UNLV. 

Brian Kelly's plan to rebuild his depleted roster through the portal is working. Hes landed 11 from the portal so far and reportedly more to come. He was down to around 30 scholarship players. 

Brian Kelly with LSU's resources and this will likely be a quick rebuild, it's not bad thing it's good when you beat a really good LSU team