Transfer Portal

Unknøwn

29 minutes ago, Carter said:

Reporters were saying that USC was pitching him on making upwards of 5 million dollars total from NIL money if he goes to USC. Pair that up with the coach he originally went to play for at OU and I don’t see much competition for his decision. Always seemed obvious even without the NIL aspect.

Supposedly he is down to USC and UGA but I don’t know how true that really is. I will be very surprised if it’s not USC.

I just don't see UGA. At some point Kirby has to play all these guys hes recruiting if he wants to keep getting commits. 

38 minutes ago, Carter said:

Reporters were saying that USC was pitching him on making upwards of 5 million dollars total from NIL money if he goes to USC. Pair that up with the coach he originally went to play for at OU and I don’t see much competition for his decision. Always seemed obvious even without the NIL aspect.

Supposedly he is down to USC and UGA but I don’t know how true that really is. I will be very surprised if it’s not USC.

Yeah it’s def USC I was hoping he’d go left field on everyone and go somewhere else

8 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I just don't see UGA. At some point Kirby has to play all these guys hes recruiting if he wants to keep getting commits. 

I didn’t see UGA because Caleb probably wants guaranteed he’s the starter and I don’t think Kirby would ever guarantee anyone that.

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Have to agree, hard to see it being UGA. Kirby has done a very good job at getting a lot of guys playing time, but QB has not been one of those spots. We’ve signed a number of 5 star and high 4 star QB recruits but that hasn’t really transferred to the field for us.

Portal is warming up for UGA and Bama now that the national championship game has passed.

DB Ameer Speed (grad transfer)

WR Jaylen Johnson

Bama has had 4 or 5 players announce today but I’m just following the UGA news as it comes out. More expected to come. 

7 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Just hoping we don't lose any good ones that could be in line for serious snaps next season

Lots of rumors being floated, but I’m not paying attention to anything other than actual announcements. Will be interesting to see, a lot of attrition was expected.

Its the new reality until they regulate it a bit, even Stetson alluded to he wants to play next year, and it may not be here. Will be interesting to see what JT does, but we will likely lose some but we will get some back. 

On 1/10/2022 at 4:57 PM, Unknøwn said:

I would agree pre immediate transfer rules, but these new rules allow you to compete year in year out. Maybe he knows changes will happen to restrict the portal and won't pursue.

It's probably harder to keep QBs on the roster than signing one from the portal these days. 

2 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

I remember being told how much the coaches loved him and how much better he was than his ranking

Yep I really thought he would be a very good receiver for us. A lot of drops when he did get targets unfortunately. I wish him the best.

I am looking to see who goes to FSU to play for that shady bum Kenyatta Watson. 

Justin Robinson couldn't stay healthy and then when he got healthy he made some great plays, but then just couldn't step it up in games.. Our true freshman wrs bypassed him and the writing was on the wall.  We are going to have a bigger group of transfers.  It will be interesting to see who does leave officially.. right now just rumors.  

8 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

I remember being told how much the coaches loved him and how much better he was than his ranking

He had attitude problems in year one and this past year be flubbed up nearly every opportunity he had with drops or blown assignments. You keep screwing up and the opportunities stop coming.

2 hours ago, richham said:

I'm surprised about this one as well.

Not surprised myself.  He has an injury and got surgery and will be bypassed by a bunch of incoming freshman who are just better then he is.  He didn't want to stay around and have to battle them.  I am sure the coaches were honest in their assessment with him and his future.