Transfer Portal

Unknøwn

37 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Another big get. Bama definitely needs the help. Doesn’t seem fair I know. The transfer portal is not helping most schools save for the big time ones it seems. 

I think that's pretty much the expectation. Guys in the G5 are a small P5 have the opportunity to go somewhere like Bama once they've proven themselves. 

6 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I think that's pretty much the expectation. Guys in the G5 are a small P5 have the opportunity to go somewhere like Bama once they've proven themselves. 

Even though it’s helping Alabama, I don’t like how it’s set up. Granted I don’t want players to be restricted like in the past, they’ve been used long enough I’d say, but to me there should be some checks and balances somehow. 

5 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Even though it’s helping Alabama, I don’t like how it’s set up. Granted I don’t want players to be restricted like in the past, they’ve been used long enough I’d say, but to me there should be some checks and balances somehow. 

Used? Mehhhhh.. they’ve been given an opportunity to earn an education and degree for a much smaller fee, or even free. 

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

Ha! Some of these guys can’t even form complete sentences and 4 years of “college” won’t change that. That’s ok though. Score those TD’s baby. 

That’s what I’m saying.. they’re “given” this discounted and sometimes free education. To say they’re used? Meh 

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

That’s what I’m saying.. they’re “given” this discounted and sometimes free education. To say they’re used? Meh 

Ok. Used may be a bit much. I guess I’m still scarred by the sideline interviews of former players in the 80’s not good enough to make it further and all of the sad stories after their playing days were over in college. At least the Universities are no longer trying to pretend that the players are merely amateurs. They’re paychecks and have been for a long time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Williams said he may stay at Oklahoma. He's just assessing all his options with the changes at OU. Venables will have every opportunity to keep him at OU. Williams reportedly isn't convinced new OC Jeff Lebby can develop him for the NFL so he'll listen to others. 

9 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Like **** OU isn’t matching 1mil. That’s some dude on Reddit who’s a dentist claiming Caleb slipped on nitro telling him that

You probably right.  But Caleb was just in Texas bowl game(dentist in Dallas), and dentist didn’t say anything about Nitro, others commented and assumed that.  Probably still BS.  That’s why I said “rumor” not, “inside source”.  Would be surprised if Oklahoma didn’t match, but also wouldn’t be surprised to see Auburn offering those types deals to get players in.