Jump to content

Transfer Portal


Unknøwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

 

Both of you guys are better than me. If Matt Landers was my son, I wouldn't sign him. 

Well I am pulling for the young man, especially since Arkansas is not on the Dawgs schedule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Kevin Hagan (Bama podcaster) on the Bill King Show this morning said that Eli Ricks has been "a pain in the butt" every since showing up. The coaches are not happy at all with his attitude and they do not expect him to start. Thought that was interesting...

The above was why UGA and Kirby didn't want anything to do with Eli Ricks.. The guy is a cancer on a team.  His influence will be felt in that lockerroom. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Kevin Hagan (Bama podcaster) on the Bill King Show this morning said that Eli Ricks has been "a pain in the butt" every since showing up. The coaches are not happy at all with his attitude and they do not expect him to start. Thought that was interesting...

The above was why UGA and Kirby didn't want anything to do with Eli Ricks.. The guy is a cancer on a team.  His influence will be felt in that lockerroom. 

Yes, it spoke volumes that we didn't go after Ricks, especially since he and the Milton family were close.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Yes, it spoke volumes that we didn't go after Ricks, especially since he and the Milton family were close.  

Yep they are very close, but ricks is a cancer and was that way at lsu as well.. They didn't fight hard to keep him.  It says a lot about recruiting and roster retention when a team with a ton of talent has to go out and take that many transfers.. It shows a poor job of evaluations and development.. It was impressive that our staff decided not to go into the transfer portal for a lot of players after losing 15 players to the draft with 5 first rounders and all the guys we lost to the portal ourselves.  At one point I was disappointed, but the more Kirby talked about it regarding how important it was to keep the culture he has built in Athens and how he needs to be careful who he brings in players (see ricks as one example) I was very happy with how he addressed the offseason.  I think UGA might be one of the rare teams who took no portal players this offseason.  If we lose another 10 to 15 players to the draft I can see us going in and addressing some issues next offseason with the depth, but right now Kirby and this staff are not only hitting at a high rate in their evaluations and one of the best staffs in the country at development.. Honestly could say they are the best right now.  This biggest key this year is our staff fought off fsu/alabama/miami from recruiting a number of our players not named burton.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Kevin Hagan (Bama podcaster) on the Bill King Show this morning said that Eli Ricks has been "a pain in the butt" every since showing up. The coaches are not happy at all with his attitude and they do not expect him to start. Thought that was interesting...

The above was why UGA and Kirby didn't want anything to do with Eli Ricks.. The guy is a cancer on a team.  His influence will be felt in that lockerroom. 

This is just.... amazing. The writing was on the wall for this guy. What are you hearing about the Vandy transfer Tyler Steen. Not exactly a world beater IMO. Frankly I see Bama downfall this year on OL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OrthoPTSD said:

This is just.... amazing. The writing was on the wall for this guy. What are you hearing about the Vandy transfer Tyler Steen. Not exactly a world beater IMO. Frankly I see Bama downfall this year on OL. 

Bama is in trouble if they have to take a Vanda transfer to shore up that oline.. they have done a poor job in evaluation and development on the oline and it has shown with their overall season last year (referring to the oline play). If not for the spectacular starting wr talent and young at qb they would have lost 3 to 4 games.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Yep they are very close, but ricks is a cancer and was that way at lsu as well.. They didn't fight hard to keep him.  It says a lot about recruiting and roster retention when a team with a ton of talent has to go out and take that many transfers.. It shows a poor job of evaluations and development.. It was impressive that our staff decided not to go into the transfer portal for a lot of players after losing 15 players to the draft with 5 first rounders and all the guys we lost to the portal ourselves.  At one point I was disappointed, but the more Kirby talked about it regarding how important it was to keep the culture he has built in Athens and how he needs to be careful who he brings in players (see ricks as one example) I was very happy with how he addressed the offseason.  I think UGA might be one of the rare teams who took no portal players this offseason.  If we lose another 10 to 15 players to the draft I can see us going in and addressing some issues next offseason with the depth, but right now Kirby and this staff are not only hitting at a high rate in their evaluations and one of the best staffs in the country at development.. Honestly could say they are the best right now.  This biggest key this year is our staff fought off fsu/alabama/miami from recruiting a number of our players not named burton.  

Well said.  We are killing it with our evals and it’s always a good idea to be wary of disrupting team chemistry with the wrong transfers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...