Transfer Portal

Unknøwn

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

I believe Beamer was close to Rattler and Stogner at Oklahoma. So it didn't come out of nowhere but good for Beamer on convincing to play at SC. His reputation has always been hes a great recruiter and he's recruiting pretty well right now. 

Beamer is such a likeable guy..  He will do well at USCe if he can continue making good hires on his staff.  The Transfer portal will help teams like USCe for easy starting positions.  Also a player or 2 will help a team like Bama in an area of need. 

10 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Eli Ricks is going to Alabama. 

eli is a knucklehead and a nut case.. very talented young man, but no telling if he lasts in tuscaloosa.  the key though is if they get boutte.. if not for williams bama loses 3 to 4 games this year.. that is how impt that transfer was.  boutte would be the same thing for bama. 

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

eli is a knucklehead and a nut case.. very talented young man, but no telling if he lasts in tuscaloosa.  the key though is if they get boutte.. if not for williams bama loses 3 to 4 games this year.. that is how impt that transfer was.  boutte would be the same thing for bama. 

He'd only have to survive one year, wouldn't he? I see no reason he couldn't do that at 'Bama. Boutte would be a huge get for them, especially with a Heismann trophy winner tossing him the ball.

12 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

He'd only have to survive one year, wouldn't he? I see no reason he couldn't do that at 'Bama. Boutte would be a huge get for them, especially with a Heismann trophy winner tossing him the ball.

I never assume a knucklehead can keep it together for even a year.  he might, but who knows..  boutte is a guy who could be in new york IMO in the right system with the right qb as you said regarding young.   texas a&m fans believe boutte will end up there and they could be right, but it sounds like bama could very well close on boutte.. 

42 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

There really is no point in saying no though.   Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn’t. Also, Boutte is a real possibility. Read that Gibbs could be too. Granted Twitter rumor. The biggest point for me is the big time programs don’t even have to completely win on early signings anymore if they’re successfully cherry picking the transfer portal each year. Alabama and Georgia are killing it. This won’t end well for most programs I’d say. Should have listened to Saban. “Do you really want this?” 

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

There really is no point in saying no though.   Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn’t. Also, Boutte is a real possibility. Read that Gibbs could be too. Granted Twitter rumor. The biggest point for me is the big time programs don’t even have to completely win on early signings anymore if they’re successfully cherry picking the transfer portal each year. Alabama and Georgia are killing it. This won’t end well for most programs I’d say. Should have listened to Saban. “Do you really want this?” 

oh yeah you can't say no especially with bama losing out on a number of their top db targets in the 2022 class.. you guys need dbs bad because of some recruiting misses and ricks talent wise can step in right away.   yeah that is the key to the transfer portal for team's like uga and bama.. get a few of the top transfers to fit areas you missed out on with high school recruiting because even the top recruiting staffs will miss on guys and some very important ones regarding needs.  UGA needs to bring in a few kids from the transfer such as a wr and db and maybe a DE.. 

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

oh yeah you can't say no especially with bama losing out on a number of their top db targets in the 2022 class.. you guys need dbs bad because of some recruiting misses and ricks talent wise can step in right away.   yeah that is the key to the transfer portal for team's like uga and bama.. get a few of the top transfers to fit areas you missed out on with high school recruiting because even the top recruiting staffs will miss on guys and some very important ones regarding needs.  UGA needs to bring in a few kids from the transfer such as a wr and db and maybe a DE.. 

UGA no doubt will have zero issues bringing in new kids. The rich get richer. I bet a change to the transfer portal rules are coming. Maybe a cap or something. The same teams will dominate most every year. The more things change the more they stay the same.