Orange Bowl Thread - #3 Georgia vs #2 Michigan

Pappa-Grande

7 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Monken went pretty hard this morning defending his decision to roll with Stetson. Said he fully believes Stetson is the best option and they can win a title with him. 

Lies.  They can’t beat Bama with him. They have a big game QB. We don’t. You gotta have one to beat Bama. Clemson had Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence when they beat them. Bama even beat Clemson the first time with Jake Coker against Watson. Saban’s a better coach than Kirby and has a month to prepare. But first we gotta beat Michigan 

Edited by Hugh Janus

1 hour ago, putnam6 said:

Got to like Stetson's response though, who isn't pulling for SquidBennett he didn't ask to be put in this position...

He said he is just here to beat Michigan....

He’s a Dawg and the QB so regardless if I think he is the best option or not…..I’m going to pull for him and the entire team to win. 

On 12/28/2021 at 11:48 PM, GAbred said:

Sad how somehow that doesn't feel like enough for me anymore. Just need them to win it all. Been to long

On 12/28/2021 at 8:56 PM, SacFalcFan said:

Don’t get me wrong, beating our main rivals most every season is really great, but having no hardware at the end of the season rings hollow year after year.  And it’s just not the lack of natties either.  Does everyone realize that we have only won 3 SEC championships in the last 40 years?  Tennessee has won 5 in that span and hasn’t even played in it in 23 years.  I’ll be honest, my passion for the Dawgs wanes every year we end up without a Championship.  I’ll always be a Dawg and a huge fan, but I just can’t keep investing so much time, money and most importantly my emotions into something with no return.

31 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Don’t get me wrong, beating our main rivals most every season is really great, but having no hardware at the end of the season rings hollow year after year.  And it’s just not the lack of natties either.  Does everyone realize that we have only won 3 SEC championships in the last 40 years?  Tennessee has won 5 in that span and hasn’t even played in it in 23 years.  I’ll be honest, my passion for the Dawgs wanes every year we end up without a Championship.  I’ll always be a Dawg and a huge fan, but I just can’t keep investing so much time, money and most importantly my emotions into something with no return.

I definitely "fan" differently than I used too also, I get the sentiment,Im mostly just talking because **** we aren't in this spot often. We will never know when they will get back here again. All that remains either they win both games or its gonna suck again. I don't even care about the complaints about Kirby, as long as we don't run him off, or make his job more difficult. 

All I know is they gave Goff 7 years and he was atrocious, but looking at Nick Saban, Mark Richt, Ray Goff Jim Donnan's and Kirby's stats. The only ones close when looking at strength of schedule and their simple ratings system, are Kirby and Saban, and even Saban numbers in his first 6 years don't compare to Kirby's. Yes it frustrating but CKS has got this under control irrespective of the QB situation , they just need to break through and win the Natty. Would be extremely nice if it happens this year, but I wouldn't bet on it.

33 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

I definitely "fan" differently than I used too also, I get the sentiment,Im mostly just talking because **** we aren't in this spot often. We will never know when they will get back here again. All that remains either they win both games or its gonna suck again. I don't even care about the complaints about Kirby, as long as we don't run him off, or make his job more difficult. 

All I know is they gave Goff 7 years and he was atrocious, but looking at Nick Saban, Mark Richt, Ray Goff Jim Donnan's and Kirby's stats. The only ones close when looking at strength of schedule and their simple ratings system, are Kirby and Saban, and even Saban numbers in his first 6 years don't compare to Kirby's. Yes it frustrating but CKS has got this under control irrespective of the QB situation , they just need to break through and win the Natty. Would be extremely nice if it happens this year, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah, it’s not Kirby’s fault we have not been winning championships prior to his arrival.  That said, the big money boosters who have given him a blank check will be wanting a quantifiable ROI soon and not just beating our rivals every year.  Need to finish this thing!  Hope we do, but can’t get a feel for how we will play tomorrow.

2 hours ago, 007dawg said:

Yeah, it’s not Kirby’s fault we have not been winning championships prior to his arrival.  That said, the big money boosters who have given him a blank check will be wanting a quantifiable ROI soon and not just beating our rivals every year.  Need to finish this thing!  Hope we do, but can’t get a feel for how we will play tomorrow.

All I am saying is Im disappointed as ****, if they don't get it this year, but if Kirby and Monken want to start Bennett I got to believe they know better, for whatever reasons. I feel that way in year 6 it might change as early as next year, if they really crap the bed. Losing to Michigan would sting a bit, but I lived through the Goff years, that said I'll never think they are gonna win a NATTY till they actually do. Of course it took me long to to relearn that lesson, taught by professors Marino and Blackledge way back in 82 and 83, the Bama trifecta demon needs to be exorcised. 

On 12/28/2021 at 8:56 PM, SacFalcFan said:

Dantzler is a homer to end all homers.

The rivals mentioned have sucked during Kirby’s time in Athens save for one or two years of Auburn. 

Isn't our biggest rival Alabama now? What’s his record against them. He failed to mention that. Also, what’s the record against LSU? I think it’s an 0’fer

9 minutes ago, Hugh Janus said:

Shirley you can’t be serious? Three Nattys in six years doesn’t compare? Most ridiculous thing I’ve heard in a while. 

Tell me how many NATTY's did Saban win at Toledo and Michigan State... he didn't win at Natty till LSU his 10th year as a head coach. I can spell it our further it you need me too? How many years has Kirby been a head coach? 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/nick-saban-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/kirby-smart-1.html

5 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Tell me how many NATTY's did Saban win at Toledo and Michigan State... he didn't win at Natty till LSU his 10th year as a head coach. I spell it our further it you need me too? How many years has Kirby been a head coach? 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/nick-saban-1.html

I was comparing his first six at Alabama. You can’t seriously be comparing his years at Toledo or even Michigan State to Kirby’s years at a major power school such as Georgia. Once Saban got to a power school he got that Natty quick. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Janus said:

I was comparing his first six at Alabama. You can’t seriously be comparing his years at Toledo or even Michigan State to Kirby’s years at a major power school such as Georgia. Once Saban got to a power school he got that Natty quick. 

No you were talking out of your Janus...

I was comparing the first 6 years to Kirby's first 6 years, unless you know what Kirby is gonna do in year 10, which was Saban's 4th year at LSU. But yea getting 8 years of experience as head coach doesn't mean ****, **** at Georgia the social BS and HC responsibilities takes some getting used to, Heard Donnan hated that crap about Athens.

But I'll bite so what should we fire Kirby if he doesn't get a Natty this year? Okay now who ya gonna get?

5 hours ago, putnam6 said:

No you were talking out of your Janus...

I was comparing the first 6 years to Kirby's first 6 years, unless you know what Kirby is gonna do in year 10, which was Saban's 4th year at LSU. But yea getting 8 years of experience as head coach doesn't mean ****, **** at Georgia the social BS and HC responsibilities takes some getting used to, Heard Donnan hated that crap about Athens.

But I'll bite so what should we fire Kirby if he doesn't get a Natty this year? Okay now who ya gonna get?

Man don't ya know that Saban has always walked on water? Ncaa heard that he was coming to bama and went ahead and engraved those trophies. Now remind me again how many bama won BEFORE he went there.

.......short answer 12

Edited by Williamb
Addition

31 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Man don't ya know that Saban has always walked on water? Ncaa heard that he was coming to bama and went ahead and engraved those trophies. Now remind me again how many bama won BEFORE he went there.

.......short answer 12

Reminds what my Dad (RIP) used to say quite often, I taught you everything you know, I didn't teach you everything I know. Its from a movie and dammit now I can't remember which one... Might have been The Color of Money