December 2021 UGA Recruiting Thread

Carter

So UGA finished 3rd in the early signing day.. However we have some more meat on that bone so to speak..  We should get Green 4 star OLinemen.. He is signing tomorrow and announcing on the 8th I believe.  We are going after shemar stewart (he has an ov right before nsd)..  We have bell, jordan james, and Darrius smith signing on february 2nd (they are already included in our totals)..  Right now I still think we look at another db or 2 depending on if our coaches like a db right now in the portal.  MGK was told he couldn't enroll early so he went to a&m.  I really liked MGK, but the tore an acl and hasn't even had surgery so he wouldn't really help us until 2023.  I wish we had got bouie though for wr..  that was one miss (not including kamari) that I wish we had gotten.  I don't know who else we might target at this point.  

24 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Yep it is an awesome class!!!  We brought in on paper the best db class ever.  We loaded up on so many areas and will end with a top 3 class at the very worst.  We have some more stuff we can add come NSD in February.  We are going to need to add a WR in the portal and probably add a few other players at db/safety.  Other than that we are in great shape heading into 2022. 

No doubt Sac!  What WR has the buzz right now going into the portal?

4 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

No doubt Sac!  What WR has the buzz right now going into the portal?

No idea right now.. We will see more kids jump into the portal in the next month after bowl games.. i mean look at alabama if not for williams they lost 3 to 4 games this year.. he was that important to them.. we need a guy like him in the portal, but that will be tough to find. 

Live comments during dawgnation live on youtube. He also took down everything on his IG supposedly. It got me thinking about how Oregon would allow him to be closer to home with a familiar coach in Lanning. Honestly, the same could go for Darnell Washington who is from Nevada. Don't know if it's 100% true, but it would make sense. He has yet to take control of the rb room and stay healthy. Don't think it would be a forgone conclusion that he becomes that guy with White/Cook gone.

I hate to go off topic for a second but, my goodness what's going on at TAMU???  I have zero evidence that they're cheating but d@mn.  It's rare to see this type of recruiting surge in one year.  They're still projected to land at least two more 5 stars last time I checked.  Is there some kind of NIL situation going on there? 

21 minutes ago, aPureTerror said:

I hate to go off topic for a second but, my goodness what's going on at TAMU???  I have zero evidence that they're cheating but d@mn.  It's rare to see this type of recruiting surge in one year.  They're still projected to land at least two more 5 stars last time I checked.  Is there some kind of NIL situation going on there? 

They have steadily been recruiting at a very high level since Jimbo got there. Their recruiting surge has been happening for a while and shouldn't be surprising considering the staff Jimbo has out there. Jimbo always been a top level recruiter, it only started falling off at FSU because FSU doesn't spend money like that to stay up in the arms race.

A little surprising to see them surge ahead of UGA and Bama, but that's the level they have been building to. Probably the most talented roster in the SEC after UGA and Bama. They legitimately have 4 or 5 players with 1st round draft grades for 2022.

But yes, they have tons of money to throw around with their booster network and NIL deals to hand out like candy.

30 minutes ago, bigjmw84 said:

Live comments during dawgnation live on youtube. He also took down everything on his IG supposedly. It got me thinking about how Oregon would allow him to be closer to home with a familiar coach in Lanning. Honestly, the same could go for Darnell Washington who is from Nevada. Don't know if it's 100% true, but it would make sense. He has yet to take control of the rb room and stay healthy. Don't think it would be a forgone conclusion that he becomes that guy with White/Cook gone.

too many guys freak out at the little stuff (not saying you, but on uga message boards).. example last night we had rampant pathetic rumors on humphrey wanting out of his NIL when there was zero and I mean zero basis for that idiocy..  Until I see something real and legit regarding Milton I wouldn't even consider it.. He is a very talented player who can't stay healthy, but he is about to be the guy. 

29 minutes ago, aPureTerror said:

They have a great staff of recruiters and are really putting a lot of money into the NIL and they have the best facilities around IMO.  However eventually Jimbo is going to need to stop losing at least 4 games per season to be taken seriously even if they beat bama. 

Christian Miller now saying he wants to take all his visits and will now wait to announce till signing day, so apparently he did not sign on ESD with intent to announce later.

Word seems to be also on the 3 commits that did not sign early that we may lose all 3. Smith is apparently not being sent an NLI unless he can get his grades up enough to show he'll qualify, otherwise he may have to get the Devonte Wyatt treatment, and the other two are apparently looking around, with the rumor that we've made clear they won't be in this class.

Here's hoping we get some good news to counter this.