2021 Coaching Carousel

Unknøwn

4 minutes ago, grandcanyonaz said:

Will Urban bail on Jags and same with Kliff at Arizona.

Kliff's agent wants you to believe he'll bail. His deal ends after 2022 and with a 9-2 team nows the time to push for a new deal. 

I dont see Urban going after 1 season. If Kelly goes to LSU, ND could be very intriguing for Urban though. 

8 minutes ago, grandcanyonaz said:

Will Urban bail on Jags and same with Kliff at Arizona.

3 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Kliff's agent wants you to believe he'll bail. His deal ends after 2022 and with a 9-2 team nows the time to push for a new deal. 

I dont see Urban going after 1 season. If Kelly goes to LSU, ND could be very intriguing for Urban though. 

I don't see Kingsbury leaving the NFL back to college as long as he's having success.

Being an NFL HC is the dream job for most coaches.

The only reason why Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh, Jim Mora Jr, and Chip Kelly are currently college HCs is because they failed in the NFL.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

I don't see Kingsbury leaving the NFL back to college as long as he's having success.

Being an NFL HC is the dream job for most coaches.

The only reason why Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh, Jim Mora Jr, and Chip Kelly are currently college HCs is because they failed in the NFL.

Saban failed because the Miami doctors wouldn't give him his QB. He had picked Drew Brees. 

Just now, Unknøwn said:

Saban failed because the Miami doctors wouldn't give him his QB. He had picked Drew Brees. 

True, but sadly many are only going to remember Saban having a terrible record and quitting.

Brees even said he was ready to be a Dolphin before being turned down. Probably the biggest screw up by a team in free agent history.

16 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

So the announcement is tomorrow, but it looks like a done deal for Brian Kelly to LSU.. This is a terrific hire by LSU.. Bigtime hire.. Great move by Brian Kelly IMO..  

Thats a bigger hire than I really wanted to see LSU make, if their media and fans can stay out of his way Kelly will be excellent in the long run, if not immediately. So who does Notre Dame go after? Urban?

35 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Thats a bigger hire than I really wanted to see LSU make, if their media and fans can stay out of his way Kelly will be excellent in the long run, if not immediately. So who does Notre Dame go after? Urban?

Notre Dame is a religious catholic college.

No way Urban Meyer ends up there lol

Saw this elsewhere....

If Kelly leaves for LSU and Fickell leaves for ND then we'll have had coaches with 7-5 records like Campbell and Franklin stick with their teams, signing extensions, while the #3, #6, and #13 ranked teams with 12-0, 11-1 and 10-2 records respectively all bolt.

4 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

It's not like it isn't out there, Luke Fickell? somebody has to coach Notre Dame

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/with-lsu-wanting-brian-kelly-does-urban-meyer-look-to-notre-dame/ar-AARhgBJ

I don't think that would interest Meyer unless he's trying really hard to save his marriage lol.

ND would have the tightest leash possible on him. Doubt he lasts 2 seasons.