2021 Coaching Carousel

Unknøwn

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Lots of Miami fans don’t want him because as a game day coach he isn’t the best. They want Lane. But Lane can’t recruit like Mario though

Yeah mario isn't a good gameday coach, but he can recruit at a very high level where that won't matter unless he faces another coach with equal talent.  We have plenty of coach who outtalented other teams and win titles.. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

I dont buy into the Lane talk of him basically begging to go somewhere. I think they're lobbying for a new contract. Knowing Lane's personality he wants to be a thorn in Sabans side in that division. 

yeah i see people talking about lane this or lane that, but nothing of substance.. 

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I dont buy into the Lane talk of him basically begging to go somewhere. I think they're lobbying for a new contract. Knowing Lane's personality he wants to be a thorn in Sabans side in that division. 

Lane absolutely hates the city of Oxford. That’s where most of this is coming from

45 minutes ago, PapaJoe said:

Florida should hire Dan Quinn as their new HC. Seems like a good fit for him there.

He tried to get the Auburn job but they never seriously considered him. The knock on him was he wasn't a very good recruiter. He had great D's at Florida but all the talent was brought in by the assistants. He just put the X and Os together. He'd have to have to build a really strong recruiting staff to be successful enough to stay in the job 

12 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

He tried to get the Auburn job but they never seriously considered him. The knock on him was he wasn't a very good recruiter. He had great D's at Florida but all the talent was brought in by the assistants. He just put the X and Os together. He'd have to have to build a really strong recruiting staff to be successful enough to stay in the job 

i was being facetious. As a Dawgs fan I'd love Quinn at UF.

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Sounds like florida fired mullen since they wanted napier as their top option.. they were afraid vt would get him.  i wonder if lsu wants napier as well.  

IMO, LSU would be crazy not to want Napier since he's already doing a great job in that state. Both Florida and LSU are great jobs, so I'm wondering whose pockets are deeper?

Washington reportedly has its eyes on Campbell and Aranda. Chris Petersen is the big influence there and that's who he wants. 

Campbell is still in the mix at Florida, USC and LSU. LSU likes Campbell, Aranda and Bill O'Brien.

Billy Napier seems to be one to really watch for Florida. Some whispers that Florida officials have already traveled to Louisiana to meet face to face. Word is Napier is very intrigued by Florida and would probably head to the swamp if offered. 

Dan Mullen is expected to look for NFL jobs as an OC or some type of assistant. Mullen wants to get away from recruiting and it's not believed he's interested in starting over at a G5. 

10 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

I heard it was a great place to see a game. Are there any talks of the Hurricanes getting their own stadium again someday?

There’s talks but I believe our contract with Hard Rock doesn’t end until 2035. So it will be a while. But I don’t think it will ever get done. The city of Miami would have to foot the bill. Don’t ever see that happening 

That guy Bobby Petrino is drawing interest from Akron. Petrino is 13-4 at Missouri State and has made consecutive playoff appearances. The program was in a 1-19 stretch when he came on. 

Doc Holiday is also a hot name there. Holiday was forced into retirement after a successful run at Marshall.