2021 Coaching Carousel

Unknøwn

On 11/17/2021 at 3:27 PM, Unknøwn said:

Michigan State is reportedly preparing a $95M offer to Mel Tucker to keep him away from LSU. 

great decision to keep him onboard.. the guy knows what he is doing and it shows.. they might get rolled by osu due to that horrible pass defense, but he has them ahead of schedule.  i found it funny how fans and the media sounded surprised that boosters were a huge part of the offer.. people do realize universities don't pay these coaches 4 to 10 million per year.  they get a smaller amount from the university and the rest comes from alumni money..  

On 11/17/2021 at 2:36 PM, fibonaccisquared said:

This feels like the year for Matt Campbell to jump if he's going to do it. He's said no so many times, and Iowa State actually underwhelmed this year, so if he's going to try and cash in on his fame, this feels like the time, rather than find out if they underperform again next season.

too many primetime jobs for campbell to not finally make the move.. iowa state has maxed out.  it will be interesting to see what happens.. a lot of great job out there IMO and some coaches who are hired away will open other jobs..  example is if lane leaves ole miss that is actually not a bad job at all with a lot of booster support.  there is talk from florida boosters that they would rather hold onto mullen another year then enter the head coaching vacancy right now with jobs like lsu, miami, and usc available..  

Easiest call in the world to make. There was zero way he was surviving this year.

I don’t think I’ve ever hated a Florida coach more in my life. Not even all the M’s before him (Which, let’s open the phone book up a little more, huh guys? Meyer, Muschamp, McElwain, Mullen)

At least all those guys could actually recruit, and knew that it was an important thing to do. Now if we could figure out how to get Stricklin out of there and name Spurrier the new AD we can have an early Christmas. 

I'm just glad we don't have to hear anymore of that ridiculous "Mullen is a better coach than Kirby" talk.

No one with any sense should have ever believed that, but we still got tales spun up about how the crappy job he did at MSU was really him doing a great job. Got a job that is 100x easier to win at than MSU and.... he did the same **** he did at MSU. 🤔

Wish they would just give him a lifetime contract lol

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

I'm just glad we don't have to hear anymore of that ridiculous "Mullen is a better coach than Kirby" talk.

No one with any sense should have ever believed that, but we still got tales spun up about how the crappy job he did at MSU was really him doing a great job. Got a job that is 100x easier to win at than MSU and.... he did the same **** he did at MSU. 🤔

Wish they would just give him a lifetime contract lol

Happy Ha Ha GIF by reactionseditor

5 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Wonder who will get the Oregon job once Mario comes home to Miami

Y'all sure he wants to come back and take that job? Oregon is a lot less pressure, more money, and has far fewer outsiders trying to influence the inner workings of that team.

3 hours ago, Ransack said:

Y'all sure he wants to come back and take that job? Oregon is a lot less pressure, more money, and has far fewer outsiders trying to influence the inner workings of that team.

I’m not 100% sure but Miami finally said they will add an additional $20-$30 million a year to the football program. Being called out on national TV seemed to finally wake the administration up. But Mario is interested. There has already been back channel communication with him. And two of Miami’s richest and powerful boosters are former high school classmates with Mario. And his wife wants to move back to Miami. Mario said two things had to happen for him to seriously consider it: Blake James had to be fired and the administration had to make a financial commitment to the program. Both of those things happened. So we will see. Mario loves Da U though. 

6 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I’m not 100% sure but Miami finally said they will add an additional $20-$30 million a year to the football program. Being called out on national TV seemed to finally wake the administration up. But Mario is interested. There has already been back channel communication with him. And two of Miami’s richest and powerful boosters are former high school classmates with Mario. And his wife wants to move back to Miami. Mario said two things had to happen for him to seriously consider it: Blake James had to be fired and the administration had to make a financial commitment to the program. Both of those things happened. So we will see. Mario loves Da U though. 

Mario in Miami is going to be nasty..  If that happens.. I can't wait to see how long it takes to turn them around.  

On 11/20/2021 at 11:22 PM, SacFalcFan said:

How long does harsin get in auburn?  Losing to a bad and yes usce is a bad team this year even without nix is just inexcusable and to not use tank on that final drive is a pathetic..  BTW thanks Drob for not getting that punt.. LOL  

He gets at least 2 more years I’d think. The thing that may derail him this year isn’t football related at all…

6 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Would love to see Miami get back to being a power house again. Thought they’d be much better this year 

13 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

He gets at least 2 more years I’d think. The thing that may derail him this year isn’t football related at all…

You know with every coach who is fired there is usually a few points in their tenure where they lose parts of the fan base or boosters.  I know a few florida boosters who realized Mullen had to go last year after the LSU game and a few others decided that was it after last year's recruiting class.. I can see Harsin, even though it's early, may not be given that much rope going on because of a handful of things that have not instilled confidence that he can be that guy..  He might very well leave for Washington if he is offered..