2021 Coaching Carousel

Unknøwn

On 11/8/2021 at 11:06 AM, putnam6 said:

**** Im thinking we do a Go Fund Me page to get him an extension. His recruiting class already is low tier SEC 9th and 22nd nationally. Wild rumor UF will go hard after Spencer Rattler and both him and Dan will try and revive their lost momentum.

dan mullen dancing GIF by Florida Gators

I thought Carson Beck was a lock to go there. Not that I have any inside information, but it'd seem to make sense for both parties.

8 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I thought Carson Beck was a lock to go there. Not that I have any inside information, but it'd seem to make sense for both parties.

Believe the chatter is that he will end up in Tallahassee. Only time will tell though... will likely depend on where the most open path to playing time looks for him and who else enters the portal.

1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Believe the chatter is that he will end up in Tallahassee. Only time will tell though... will likely depend on where the most open path to playing time looks for him and who else enters the portal.

I can see him going to FSU honestly.. they got nothing really there to compete with him right now..  beck has no shot in Athens, but he at least gave it one more year. 

39 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I can see him going to FSU honestly.. they got nothing really there to compete with him right now..  beck has no shot in Athens, but he at least gave it one more year. 

haha. Not exactly by choice. Credits issue to transfer. The attitude just wasn't going to fly with Kirby unfortunately for him. What I don't get is why he came in with a sense of entitlement at all. Coming off of his senior year, you'd have thought he'd be looking to prove that he still belonged, not assuming he was going to be handed the keys. Not saying Kirby didn't mismanage the situation to some degree as well, but just surprising.

12 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Justin could never get the qb situation settled.. very surprising he didn't get the job done at VT.. 

It seemed like a perfect fit at the time. Fuente built Memphis into a great team. Just couldn't get it going at VT. They did cough up an extra $2.5M to do this before early singing day. It's a $10M buyout this morning that would have been $7.5M if it happened after December 15th 

7 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Surprised how many have been cut during the season.  Also surprised Sark hasn't been cut after losing to Kansas at home.

Funny that TCU is now 10X better without a head coach.

losing to kansas is the type of loss that could doom sark before his run even started and he could be out sooner rather than later.. i remember talking to a few very influential boosters for michigan and after rich rod was there for just 3 months before he even coached a game the most powerful boosters wanted to fire rich rod.  they had to be talked out of firing him because of how it would look, but rich rod was dead man walking before he even coached a game and as soon as there was issues they got rid of him.  knowing sark and the kind of tool he is I can see the boosters already talking to agents looking for his replacement.  he could very well already be dead man walking and at the first sign next season of having issues he could be gone.. he must recruit and i mean have a top class to quiet the anger. 

16 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Surprised how many have been cut during the season.  Also surprised Sark hasn't been cut after losing to Kansas at home.

Funny that TCU is now 10X better without a head coach.

It damaged Sark no doubt but hes in year 1. If they fired him right now they would have to write a check for $20.6M to make him leave. 

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

It damaged Sark no doubt but hes in year 1. If they fired him right now they would have to write a check for $20.6M to make him leave. 

I know. My house is a dark place, I’m happily married to a Horn who is pretty grumpy now. We split the weekends going to 4-5 games a year. I am so happy this was the weekend she went with me to Waco! 
Texas has been in this spiral since about 2010.

The context is that Kansas has beaten Texas in football in 1938, 2016, and 2021. That’s it. And 2021 is the only time Kansas has beaten Texas in Austin.  And Texas hasn’t lost 5 games in a row in over 70 years. 
The remarkable and somewhat ironic thing is they are still the most valuable college sports franchise.  

Well, I want to stay married. But Sic’em Bears!

Edited by Killing Floor

TCU remains locked in on Sonny Dykes

Washington will get assistance from Chris Petersen on their search. His top two targets are supposedly Dave Aranda and Matt Campbell. 

Aranda is a hot name at USC but Luke Fickell is still a strong name there. Franklin also isn't out yet. 

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

TCU remains locked in on Sonny Dykes

Washington will get assistance from Chris Petersen on their search. His top two targets are supposedly Dave Aranda and Matt Campbell. 

Aranda is a hot name at USC but Luke Fickell is still a strong name there. Franklin also isn't out yet. 

This feels like the year for Matt Campbell to jump if he's going to do it. He's said no so many times, and Iowa State actually underwhelmed this year, so if he's going to try and cash in on his fame, this feels like the time, rather than find out if they underperform again next season.

6 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

This feels like the year for Matt Campbell to jump if he's going to do it. He's said no so many times, and Iowa State actually underwhelmed this year, so if he's going to try and cash in on his fame, this feels like the time, rather than find out if they underperform again next season.

Yup. It's now or never for Campbell.

With LSU, VT, Washington and USC open he should get him one and run with it.

Justin Fuente was seen as an A plus hire for us at the time. But he got good wins from a Frank Beamers players. There was an early exodus of players starting in 2017. According to several accounts he basically was a jerk and was too loyal to his offensive coordinator. No to limited access to fans and media. Jerky to his players.

Hendon Hooker is currently #8 QB on Kipers draft board. Granted this is a weak QB draft year, but how did Fuente let him leave? No wonder he’s unemployed.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:41 AM, Unknøwn said:

It seemed like a perfect fit at the time. Fuente built Memphis into a great team. Just couldn't get it going at VT. They did cough up an extra $2.5M to do this before early singing day. It's a $10M buyout this morning that would have been $7.5M if it happened after December 15th 

Yep that is key.. that early signing period is a huge reason team's are firing coaches early.  we saw auburn screw it up by missing out on an early signing period.. i just read an article on an auburn board about how they basically lost an entire recruiting cycle because of the early signing period.. I wonder if they go back and revisit the early signing period due to how many guys are signing early and basically you are going to have team's who don't hire early replacements losing an entire recruiting cycle.. it's a huge affect for sure on teams.