2021 Coaching Carousel

26 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Already well underway, tonight Florida fired Todd Grantham and OL coach John Hevesy

Good moves but they are keeping Mullen so this is probably irrelevant. Solid offensive coordinator but a garbage head coach who can manage a good not great year every now and then, totally incapable of elevating a program. 

Here's the thing with moves like these. Why would new coaches want to go somewhere where they know, or at least are pretty sure, that their new boss will be fired if they don't have immediate success?

You can stay, but only if you change out your coaches, very rarely works out, for this exact reason. Usually, you end up with subpar options that sometimes aren't even as good as the coaches you just released, and who are not given time to install their systems before being judged.

More often than not, it just ends with the HC fired in 1-2 seasons anyway, so why do it?

Because it's UF, and it pleases UGA fans everywhere!

30 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Here's the thing with moves like these. Why would new coaches want to go somewhere where they know, or at least are pretty sure, that their new boss will be fired if they don't have immediate success?

You can stay, but only if you change out your coaches, very rarely works out, for this exact reason. Usually, you end up with subpar options that sometimes aren't even as good as the coaches you just released, and who are not given time to install their systems before being judged.

More often than not, it just ends with the HC fired in 1-2 seasons anyway, so why do it?

Because it's UF, and it pleases UGA fans everywhere!

2 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

There are a lot of guys out there who will jump at a chance to coach at UF. Maybe not the higher end splash hires in this situation, but bringing a solid coach to UF should never be a problem. It's a strong bullet on the resume at the very least. Moving around frequently goes with the territory. The bigger issue really is UF was pretty stacked with talent and consistently had better defense than offense... they hired Mullen to bring the offense up but now they suck on both sides of the ball. Makes me wonder where things would be if he didn't stumble into playing Trask.

Holding onto Mullen is a mistake, but one I will happily watch them make. I hope they keep him for a long time.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

There are a lot of guys out there who will jump at a chance to coach at UF. Maybe not the higher end splash hires in this situation, but bringing a solid coach to UF should never be a problem. It's a strong bullet on the resume at the very least. Moving around frequently goes with the territory. The bigger issue really is UF was pretty stacked with talent and consistently had better defense than offense... they hired Mullen to bring the offense up but now they suck on both sides of the ball. Makes me wonder where things would be if he didn't stumble into playing Trask.

Holding onto Mullen is a mistake, but one I will happily watch them make. I hope they keep him for a long time.

**** Im thinking we do a Go Fund Me page to get him an extension. His recruiting class already is low tier SEC 9th and 22nd nationally. WIld rumor UF will go hard after Spencer Rattler and both him and Dan will try and revive their lost momentum.

dan mullen dancing GIF by Florida Gators

Washington has fired HC Jimmy Lake in his second year. Lake was Petersen's DC before being promoted when Petersen retired. Lake was clearly in over his head. People around the program reportedly said Lake was unable to build any sort of alliances and had zero credibility in recruiting. To the point where the administration would rather pay him $9.9M to go away after just 13 games instead of letting the situation get worse. People around the program believed they were headed back to the Ty Willingham days with Lake running things. Willingham went 11-37 at Washington.