*** Official Falcons Vs Saints In-Game Thread ***

Monoxide

8 hours ago, thanat0s said:

And it’s remarkable that we are 4-4 sitting in the 7 slot of the playoffs at the midway point, considering the turnover they had to navigate thanks to the financial and decision making malpractice of the previous regime.

Every  win is a gift from this day forward, because like the thread posted on here says, we have as many wins now as we had the entire year last year. It’s all gravy now!

200.gif

Yet some people would rather us tank the rest of the season to get another top 5 pick that may or may not work out. 

18 hours ago, thanat0s said:

That’s why I love college football. You see a team like Michigan go out and get beat by Michigan State a week ago, looking like it ruined their season. Those fans were devastated.

What do you see yesterday? 

Those same fans covered in their team colors, going nuts like it’s the championship game. College fans have short memories that NFL fans couldn’t begin to match. 

NFL fans are quitters, by and large, and they look for reasons to quit.

That's because most NFL fans don't have the 5 shots of Jaegermeister at 9:30 AM that all of the college students fans have to carry them through all of the disappointment. NFL fans are roman senators living in their cozy palaces eating grapes and getting blown by eunichs. College fans are the Gauls on angel dust.

1 hour ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

That's because most NFL fans don't have the 5 shots of Jaegermeister at 9:30 AM that all of the college students fans have to carry them through all of the disappointment. NFL fans are roman senators living in their cozy palaces eating grapes and getting blown by eunichs. College fans are the Gauls on angel dust.

Funny as hayell.😄

1 hour ago, Hotel Coral Essex said:

Worst wins? Never heard those two words smushed together. Hope I never do again. 

Worse is the proper grammar but yes that absolutely was a terrible win. We'll obviously take it, especially against the Taints, but it was ugly. Don't act like it should've been rainbows and sunshine for everyone when that FG went through. There's reason to be upset about blowing an 18 point 4th quarter lead in less than 10 mins of game time. 

I'm happy we're sitting at 4-4 and in the wildcard as it currently stands, but there's reason for skepticism after nearly blowing another big lead. Maybe the Braves winning lifted that curse.. that's what I'm hoping for.

Edited by Foo Falcons

4 hours ago, Foo Falcons said:

Worse is the proper grammar but yes that absolutely was a terrible win. We'll obviously take it, especially against the Taints, but it was ugly. Don't act like it should've been rainbows and sunshine for everyone when that FG went through. There's reason to be upset about blowing an 18 point 4th quarter lead in less than 10 mins of game time. 

I'm happy we're sitting at 4-4 and in the wildcard as it currently stands, but there's reason for skepticism after nearly blowing another big lead. Maybe the Braves winning lifted that curse.. that's what I'm hoping for.

I don’t believe anyone, myself included, feels like we are satisfied with the way things played out, or believes that we have reached a level of sustainability in our play. It’s a new coach, new GM, new regime, with a new way of doing things. A lot of acclimation going on throughout the entire organization.

All that being said, I don’t believe there is such a thing as a bad win in a transition year like this. It’s really a bonus to have a team that is at least competitive in a first year at 4-4. An At least we are not the Lions at 0-8 who have a certifiable crazy nut as their head coach. 

One more thing. It’s not a bad win for another good reason. A Dan Quinn coached team would have thrown in the towel after blowing the lead. An Arthur Smith team simply kept fighting and pulled out a win. THAT is why it’s a good win. It shows this regime will not accept quitting

And ANY win over the Saints is a GLORIOUS win!

Edited by Hotel Coral Essex

55 minutes ago, Hotel Coral Essex said:

I don’t believe anyone, myself included, feels like we are satisfied with the way things played out, or believes that we have reached a level of sustainability in our play. It’s a new coach, new GM, new regime, with a new way of doing things. A lot of acclimation going on throughout the entire organization.

All that being said, I don’t believe there is such a thing as a bad win in a transition year like this. It’s really a bonus to have a team that is at least competitive in a first year at 4-4. An At least we are not the Lions at 0-8 who have a certifiable crazy nut as their head coach. 

One more thing. It’s not a bad win for another good reason. A Dan Quinn coached team would have thrown in the towel after blowing the lead. An Arthur Smith team simply kept fighting and pulled out a win. THAT is why it’s a good win. It shows this regime will not accept quitting

And ANY win over the Saints is a GLORIOUS win!

I understand your argument and I agree that we should be happy sitting at 4-4 and that we did in fact close the game out rather than let the comeback define us. Winning against that sorry team is always something to be happy about. We can just leave it at that and enjoy the win 🤝