World Series Champs Off-season 2021-2022

For the A

30 minutes ago, Malachore said:

What are the odds the Braves might consider someone like Jose Ramirez or Seager?

I dont view Seager as a legit option. The guy is hurt all the time is probably going to get $150-200M. 

I think if we make a splash move for a bat it would be OF. 

18 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I dont view Seager as a legit option. The guy is hurt all the time is probably going to get $150-200M. 

I think if we make a splash move for a bat it would be OF. 

Don't really know of anyone other than Buxton. Guess a trade is an option, was just thinking ahead to if they really plan to keep Dansby. I feel like arbitration could cause a rift between him and the team.

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Don't really know of anyone other than Buxton. Guess a trade is an option, was just thinking ahead to if they really plan to keep Dansby. I feel like arbitration could cause a rift between him and the team.

Realistically, we should impact trades more than free agents.

The A's and Reds are burning it all down, while Cleveland and Tampa have issues with the 40-man limit. Then, there's other teams still suffering from financial ramifications of the pandemic.

This won't last long, but we're one of the haves right now...and I mean top five or six.

6 minutes ago, jidady said:

Realistically, we should impact trades more than free agents.

The A's and Reds are burning it all down, while Cleveland and Tampa have issues with the 40-man limit. Then, there's other teams still suffering from financial ramifications of the pandemic.

This won't last long, but we're one of the haves right now...and I mean top five or six.

idk of anyone on any of those teams listed that's better than what we have in house already (if signing Rosario and Soler is possible).

Matt Olsen is the only guy who sticks out to me.

10 minutes ago, Malachore said:

idk of anyone on any of those teams listed that's better than what we have in house already (if signing Rosario and Soler is possible).

Matt Olsen is the only guy who sticks out to me.

For a World Series-winning team, we have plenty of holes. Remember that we need a starter and some bullpen arms, too.

At least one of the guys who carried us on the Night Shift will probably face surgery at some point in 2022. That much high-stress usage has historically led to injury. Somebody likely gave up their bodies and part of their careers for us this month.

Rays will probably trade Kiermaier this winter. He doesn't bring a ton with the bat but he's an elite defender

Ketel Marte will be available from Arizona but he isn't exactly a gold glove defender in CF. 

Buxton is probably the best option but you have to decide if you trust his health

Bryan Reynolds would be a huge get but I dont think Pittsburgh is ready to trade him unless it's a massive get. He's under control for a few more years. 

9 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Alan Rangel and Travis Demeritte were added to the 40 man, for now. Soroka and Acuna were activated from the IL. 

Rangel and Demeritte would have been free to file for minor league free agency on Monday if they weren't added to the roster, and they both had terrific minor league seasons.

Rangel has been in the organization since signing as a 16-year-old in 2014. Now 24, he started 2021 back at high-A Rome. The book on Rangel was good control/command, but short on stuff. That changed this season, he showed a 4 mph increase in his fastball and a much sharper slider without sacrificing control. He finally was promoted to AA Mississippi and ended up starting and winning their championship clinching game. 

Demeritte had a great year for Gwinnett and if he hadn't been injured at the time would likely have been called up at mid-season.

Anthopolous said Freeman will get a QO today just as a procedural move. He said the plan is for him to stay, Freddie wants to stay and that's all he can say. He did add they've made it clear to Freddie they want him. 

AA also said the payroll has been increased. He wouldn't give a number but that it will be higher in 2022 than it is now. Hes been given the green light to spend more. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

AA said it will be hard to keep all 4 OF's he got in July.

He said they expect Riley to get super two status and be allowed to go to arbitration. 

Yeah.. someone has to go.

It would be great to keep them all but with Acuna coming back and Pache still a possibility then that is 6 outfielders.

Even the the DH that still leads to 5  guys and I am sure it would cost alot to keep all of them.