Minter, A.J.

Heredia, Guillermo

Matzek, Tyler

Camargo, Johan

Dayton, Grant

Newcomb, Sean

Edited by ToxicBraves

1 minute ago, ToxicBraves said:

Don’t think the Braves can really do much spending in free agency until Freeman’s extension is done. Then see how much Liberty says AA has to spend. I would have to assume they made a ton of money from this post season

AA has confirmed that he had $10 million to spend at the deadline due to unexpected Battery revenue. So, yeah. We should be swimming in cash for the first time in ages.

29 minutes ago, jidady said:

AA has confirmed that he had $10 million to spend at the deadline due to unexpected Battery revenue. So, yeah. We should be swimming in cash for the first time in ages.

I would expect that they will take some of that money and bank it for future seasons. Or they could use that to try and buy out Ozuna. 

Edited by ToxicBraves

3 minutes ago, ToxicBraves said:

I would expect that they will take some of that money and bank it for future seasons. 

I think this is one time where they can justify splashing around some chips.

I'm more worried about how the lockout will impact negotiations. If Atlanta can spend money, it will.

22 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

What seems to be the most likely scenario for Ozuna? Is there one where he plays for Atlanta next year? Do we get relief on his money? buyout? trade? 

Probably just getting released. I dont know if anyone else will take his contract in a trade. Maybe you could get some salary relief by trading him and eating most of the contract but not all. I dont think he plays in Atlanta next season, the fans turned and I dont think his distraction is needed in a clubhouse that's very, very close. The players immediately dropped his "mix up" gesture as soon as he was arrested. Nobody ever did it again. 

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Probably just getting released. I dont know if anyone else will take his contract in a trade. Maybe you could get some salary relief by trading him and eating most of the contract but not all. I dont think he plays in Atlanta next season, the fans turned and I dont think his distraction is needed in a clubhouse that's very, very close. The players immediately dropped his "mix up" gesture as soon as he was arrested. Nobody ever did it again. 

Completely agree. I just don't see anyway he is in a Braves uniform again and for good reasons! 

If they go to a DH, I will take Soler over him all day long! 

I would love to bring back Soler, Rosie, Duvall and of course we have Acuna. I like Heredia on the bench, his salary is about 500k and he is an energy guy. I don't think we bring back Joc a a bench guy due to his salary!

• For the A changed the title to World Series Champs Off-season 2021-2022

Braves need to keep Joc, Rosario and Soler at least. Joc was great in Brewers series, Rosario in Dodgers and Soler in Astros series. Acuna replaced Duvall and they'll be in discussion for a repeat. Need to keep at least 2 of them.

1 minute ago, vietlanta said:

Braves need to keep Joc, Rosario and Soler at least. Joc was great in Brewers series, Rosario in Dodgers and Soler in Astros series. Acuna replaced Duvall and they'll be in discussion for a repeat. Need to keep at least 2 of them.

We've got mutual options on Joc and DuVall, but Adam already turned down his for $7 million. Joc at $10 million might say yes since he's happy here.

11 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I'm not sure that they can keep both Joc and Duval at the salaries.

It could be one or the other.

It would be great to have both though

Feel like Joc accepts his offer as a 4th OFer. Duvall probably leaves though. Just hope they can get Rosario and Soler to come back because I just don't think Pache is going to hit unless he fixes that long *** swing.

30 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Feel like Joc accepts his offer as a 4th OFer. Duvall probably leaves though. Just hope they can get Rosario and Soler to come back because I just don't think Pache is going to hit unless he fixes that long *** swing.

I don't think Duvall can leave. Hes arbitration eligible. So the Braves would have to decline to offer him again. The numbers I've seen said he's probably look at $9-10M through arbitration. So it makes sense to decline $7M. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a 2 year deal done before all that though. It's about time we stabilize the bench and OF a little bit. 

23 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I don't think Duvall can leave. Hes arbitration eligible. So the Braves would have to decline to offer him again. The numbers I've seen said he's probably look at $9-10M through arbitration. So it makes sense to decline $7M. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a 2 year deal done before all that though. It's about time we stabilize the bench and OF a little bit. 

So do you think Joc declines? Ronnie, Joc, Duvall, Pache. I don't see them signing Soler or Rosario because they gunna have to pay Ozuna something.