2021-22 MLB Offseason Thread

Unknøwn

I thought we were really getting a good reliever last year with the Richard Rodriguez trade for Bryse Wilson and Ricky DeVito.    Not sure that Wilson or DeVito will ever do a whole lot, but we allowed Rodriguez to go to free agency and apparently no one has signed him.  I wonder if his arm is shot?   Only 9 K's in 23 innings for him after the trade to us.   

24 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I thought we were really getting a good reliever last year with the Richard Rodriguez trade for Bryse Wilson and Ricky DeVito.    Not sure that Wilson or DeVito will ever do a whole lot, but we allowed Rodriguez to go to free agency and apparently no one has signed him.  I wonder if his arm is shot?   Only 9 K's in 23 innings for him after the trade to us.   

He's just a one trick pony. His fastball only tops at 93 and he throws it about 90% of the time. It just so happens that hitters finally figured out his fastball and he failed to figure out how to adjust. 

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

He's just a one trick pony. His fastball only tops at 93 and he throws it about 90% of the time. It just so happens that hitters finally figured out his fastball and he failed to figure out how to adjust. 

I’m surprised the Braves didn’t take a chance and at least signed him to a minors deal. Then have him work on some secondary pitches and see how things go. 

22 minutes ago, For the A said:

I’m surprised the Braves didn’t take a chance and at least signed him to a minors deal. Then have him work on some secondary pitches and see how things go. 

I'm pretty sure the Braves and RichRod cut ties when they told him to go home after last September. As far as we know he wasn't even with the depth guys staying fresh for injury replacement in the playoffs 

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Manfred has set the 2022 trade deadline for August 2 at 6 PM. The new CBA gave him some flexibility to keep it July 31 or push it a few days into August. It'll be a yearly decision. 

Does he have to announce the date before the season or can he announce during the year. 

53 minutes ago, For the A said:

Does he have to announce the date before the season or can he announce during the year. 

Not 100% sure about that one but I would assume it has to be done prior to the season beginning. That way everyone knows the target date for evaluation purposes. 

Tigers get a solid OF that has 3 more years of control, Rays save money and get to call up Josh Lowe, who was being blocked by Meadows and will probably be about as good while also picking up a solid IF prospect and a draft pick.