2021-22 MLB Offseason Thread

Unknøwn

Players that received QO. The QO is $18.4 million  

8 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Houston wants to be like the Braves. Astros owner announced he will begin construction on an entertainment complex around Minute Maid. 

You would think a lot of stadiums would want to be like that...  It's not just the game, it's the whole experience. 

Edited by Born Again Georgian

23 minutes ago, For the A said:

Players that received QO. The QO is $18.4 million  

Honestly give me Eduardo Rodriguez. Put him on a good defensive team and I think he’d be dynamite. His advanced numbers just scream breakout potential. 

Yep, being traded during the season automatically makes you ineligible for the QO. The only two rules for the QO are it can't be an in season acquisition and the player is only eligible for it once in their career. For example, we werent allowed to offer Ozuna the QO after 2020 because the Cardinals did after 2019. 

39 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Reds have made Luis Castillo available in trade

I wonder what that will cost... The good thing is that the Braves have quite a bit of young pitching depth and they can part with if that is what they choose to do.

Gotta wonder how Votto feels about all of this.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

I wonder what that will cost... The good thing is that the Braves have quite a bit of young pitching depth and they can part with if that is what they choose to do.

Gotta wonder how Votto feels about all of this.

I would guess they would want young pitching. Reds tend to build around arms, at least they plan it around arms. 

Votto can't be happy. The Reds just got to where they were in the conversation come September. The playoffs are likely going back to the 2020 format which allowed the Reds to be a playoff team. It's a tough pill to swallow I would bet. 

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

If the Braves can't bring back all of the OF , I wonder if someone like him would be open to being a DH?

I dont see Votto happening. Hes owed $50M over 2 years, with the buyout its $57M for 2 years. Even with increased payroll that's a huge chunk. I'm not sure he would waive his no trade either. He might love the Reds enough to just ride out the end of his career there.