2021 World Champions: Atlanta Braves

Unknøwn

Guys I just can't stop reading this thread title. I've read it about 100x today and I still can't believe it. I'm so proud of this team, I said it when they won the pennant and I'll say it again. 

They might not have had the highest payroll or played their best all season. They may have detractors saying they only had 88 wins while other teams with more missed the playoffs but this team is most special Braves team I've seen and they are the BEST ******* TEAM IN BASEBALL. 

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Guys I just can't stop reading this thread title. I've read it about 100x today and I still can't believe it. I'm so proud of this team, I said it when they won the pennant and I'll say it again. 

They might not have had the highest payroll or played their best all season. They may have detractors saying they only had 88 wins while other teams with more missed the playoffs but this team is most special Braves team I've seen and they are the BEST ******* TEAM IN BASEBALL. 

They dominated the playoffs. 88 wins or no, they were clearly the better team each series.

5 minutes ago, jidady said:

It's really more in the 40s now. He's fringe as is. If he finishes in the top 3 in MVP voting again, he turns into a lock.

If you look a the list it's higher than 40. Fred McGriff, Matt Williams, Brett Butler, Jimmie Rollins, Devon White, Curtis Granderson, Mike Cameron, Dale Murphy, Mark Grace, and others are all sitting in that "Hall of Very Good" zone in that 45-60 WAR range.

56 minutes ago, jidady said:

And the light came on for Fried last night as he learned how to use his change-up and sinker better.

53 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Better fastball command doesn’t hurt either. 

Yeah, his slider had been elite all season. He completely lost feel for the fastball (or was tipping the pitch or both) the prior two starts. Really glad to see his change-up make a re-emergence, it was pretty good in the minors, but he pretty much abandoned it for the slider in 2019.