World Series: Astros vs Braves

Unknøwn

50 minutes ago, vietlanta said:

Braves bullpen match up well with the dodgers because their lineup arr mostly lefties. Braves need a couple of righty to step up for the Astros. Will they let Luke pitch again? Can he step up?

Remember, Matzek has reverse splits also. He should be just as effective. Hopefully Luke bounces back. Should we be concerned about Will Smith?

Edited by NashvilleFalcon01

42 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Remember, Matzek has reverse splits also. He should be just as effective. Hopefully Luke bounces back. Should we be concerned about Will Smith?

Not really worried about Matzek as much as Minter and Smith. Too late to be concerned about Smith now, Just got to roll with him. He's been pretty good though, maybe he's like Joc and turns it up a notch in October. 

27 minutes ago, FalconsAirMiles said:

What the game 1 lineup should be.

1. DH Jorge Soler
  2. 1B Freddie Freeman
  3. 2B Ozzie Albies
  4. 3B Austin Riley
  5. LF Eddie Rosario
  6. CF Adam Duvall
  7. SS Dansby Swanson
  8. C Travis d'Arnaud
  9. RF Ehire Adrianza

Platoon Joc and Jorge for righty vs lefty matchups

No way they let Joctober off the lineup with the AL configuration.

Seeing all of this about it being 22 years since the Braves last WS appearance made me realize how bad it is for some other teams.  Look at how long it’s been since a few other teams made it this far:

Reds/A’s:  1990

Orioles:  1983

Pirates:  1979

Blue Jays:  1993

Brewers:  1982

Mariners:  never (started play in 1977)

Twins:  1991

Indians:  1997

And then there are teams like the Rockies who made it once (2007) and got completely wiped out in the series.  

The Dodgers had a 29-year drought before making it in 2017.  Perhaps we’re not as ‘cursed’ as we think

19 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

After the 90s I've certainly learned to appreciate it more. Growing up it was just a yearly thing. I'll certainly appreciate this. Who knows? This could be the only WS thread this forum ever sees. 

It was sobering when people were saying the Falcons would be back after Super Bowl 51...  They were "built for repeat"...  Nothing is a given in sports.

8 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

It was sobering when people were saying the Falcons would be back after Super Bowl 51...  They were "built for repeat"...  Nothing is a given in sports.

It's too difficult. So many things have to go right. Especially in a season as long as baseball. 

5 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I wonder if Lenny Kranitz is working with Max Fried on not tipping his pitches. I hope the Astros don’t pick up on that again. 

DOB was saying the thought was the Dodgers were picking up the signs. Look at how much better they hit in LA. They didn't think they were cheating, just figured out the signs. The Braves changed them up in Game 6 and made sure they had multiple sequences. Fried's mechanics got off a little but the Dodgers were on everything. 

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

DOB was saying the thought was the Dodgers were picking up the signs. Look at how much better they hit in LA. They didn't think they were cheating, just figured out the signs. The Braves changed them up in Game 6 and made sure they had multiple sequences. Fried's mechanics got off a little but the Dodgers were on everything. 

That’s funny, because I remember a similar conversation about Max Fried tipping his pitches last year at the neutral site. If any team can steal signs, it would be Houston. 

1 hour ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Seeing all of this about it being 22 years since the Braves last WS appearance made me realize how bad it is for some other teams.  Look at how long it’s been since a few other teams made it this far:

Indians:  1997

Indians went in 2016 and lost to the Cubs, so not too long ago

Want a crazy stat? Since the Brewers switched to the NL, every team they've lost to in the playoffs has won the NL Championship. All but 1 has won the World Series. The 2018 Dodgers lost to Boston in the WS. The Phillies, Cardinals, Nats and 2020 Dodgers have all advanced to win it all after playing the Brewers. 

10 hours ago, FalconsAirMiles said:

What the game 1 lineup should be.

1. DH Jorge Soler
  2. 1B Freddie Freeman
  3. 2B Ozzie Albies
  4. 3B Austin Riley
  5. LF Eddie Rosario
  6. CF Adam Duvall
  7. SS Dansby Swanson
  8. C Travis d'Arnaud
  9. RF Ehire Adrianza

Platoon Joc and Jorge for righty vs lefty matchups

No, I don't think you move Rosario. He's red hot.