No longer in the NFCS basement

Kaptain Krazy

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

I always say we're in it until we're eliminated mathematically, and anything can happen once a team gets in...but, with this defense, I wouldn't get too giddy just yet.  

I'm still of the opinion that anything above six wins, with this defense, should be considered borderline miraculous.  

With 17 games, 7 playoff teams and the state of the NFC, being at or above. 500 keeps you in the discussion. 

I'd love one game where the defense rolls. Even if its a fluke, just to see that it's possible. 

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

I always say we're in it until we're eliminated mathematically, and anything can happen once a team gets in...but, with this defense, I wouldn't get too giddy just yet.  

I'm still of the opinion that anything above six wins, with this defense, should be considered borderline miraculous.  

Agreed. I said before the season that all I wanted to see was improvement over last year, and we're two wins away from that being reality. Anything after that would be 'gravy'. We're talking about a team that was in financial ruins and had some significant roster turnover. 

Even if we make the playoffs, I have no delusions that we'd go far. But it's just going to be nice playing meaningful football in November for the first time 4 years. 

28 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

With 17 games, 7 playoff teams and the state of the NFC, being at or above. 500 keeps you in the discussion. 

I'd love one game where the defense rolls. Even if its a fluke, just to see that it's possible. 

If there was any time to do that it's this week against the Panthers. They've allowed the 2nd most sacks in the league and don't have anything going for them offensively. 

2 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

True.  However, we are taking care of the teams we should.  Something that this team could not do over the last few seasons.  

Also...outside of that WFT game. we are closing the games out. Still sour about that one. 4-2 just feels that much sweeter than 3-3. Nevertheless we have a shot next week at a winning record for first time since 2018 I believe. 

Lions, Niners, Jags, Panthers & Saints twice and then Buccs Cowboys if i recall. We could easily have 5-7 more wins if we play well. I think 9-10 wins gets us in playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Also...outside of that WFT game. we are closing the games out. Still sour about that one. 4-2 just feels that much sweeter than 3-3. Nevertheless we have a shot next week at a winning record for first time since 2018 I believe. 

Lions, Niners, Jags, Panthers & Saints twice and then Buccs Cowboys if i recall. We could easily have 5-7 more wins if we play well. I think 9-10 wins gets us in playoffs. 

I think we have a shot at 10 but injuries are killing us. We need consistency in the lineup.