No longer in the NFCS basement

Kaptain Krazy

9 hours ago, takeitdown said:

Really wish we had won the WFT game.

That still probably wouldn't be enough, because our schedule will get a lot harder...but we really need to win the games in hand against bad teams.  Need to stack up the wins against bad teams so the losses to better teams don't put you out of reach.

I'm hoping we get better enough with the systems in the last half or third of the year...we'll have to be a lot better to beat the Rams/Cowboys/Bucs etc type teams.

But it'd be fun to be in the mix longer into the season.

This is spot on.  Are we on the level of the Rams/Cowboys/Bucs?  No.  No one thinks we are.  Is this season more enjoyable being 3-3 than 1-5?  **** yes.

7 hours ago, AxManBigFan said:

We shouldn’t sleep on the Panthers, Sam Darnold can ball, and they have weapons. It will be a tougher game then Miami that’s for **** sure. 

They benched Darnold today only down a touchdown.  You have more faith in him than his own coaching staff apparently.

29 minutes ago, Stryka said:

I think its critical of us to add some pass rush help THIS YEAR if we want to beat some of the better teams. 

I think right now we look like a 8-10 win team with our schedule.  We need to beat who we are supposed to beat. 

Doubt it, no one really out there unless we make a trade, which would be tough with our limited cap.  Pees is just gonna have to get really creative with blitz packages.  Getting back our 20 injured corners will help too.

1 minute ago, Rings said:

Doubt it, no one really out there unless we make a trade, which would be tough with our limited cap.  Pees is just gonna have to get really creative with blitz packages.  Getting back our 20 injured corners will help too.

Oh I agree. I dont see anyone to add but it would be nice if we could add something this year. No pass rush gonna kill us when we play Saints snd Buccs who have bookend OTs. 

14 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Oh I agree. I dont see anyone to add but it would be nice if we could add something this year. No pass rush gonna kill us when we play Saints snd Buccs who have bookend OTs. 

Gonna have to go back to what worked last year…blitzing Debo and Foye and the DBs. Hate to do it too often, but may be our only way to generate pressure unfortunately.

wish Grady would start getting home more

31 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Gonna have to go back to what worked last year…blitzing Debo and Foye and the DBs. Hate to do it too often, but may be our only way to generate pressure unfortunately.

wish Grady would start getting home more

Yea we saw a lil bit today. When your ILB leads you in sacks. Its a problem. Grady still gettin good pressure. Forced the turnover today but yea i would like to see more drive ending plays. Hes doing a lot though just not closing the deal as much as we like. 

2 hours ago, Rings said:

They benched Darnold today only down a touchdown.  You have more faith in him than his own coaching staff apparently.

We’ll see after this week. Hope he throws ten picks and Dean Peas hooks up with his mom. I am just sayin he’s not playin as bad as his stats look and our defense does suck. Recipe for getting thrown on by average qbs (which has happened every game other then the jets game so far)

Heck, just looking at the medium to low hanging fruit today, you could reasonably count the Carolina games, Detroit, and Jax as wins.

That's 7 wins before you start plotting SF and NE, which are winnable games. If you split that pair to get to 8, suddenly you're a win or two among Dallas, TB, 2X New Orleans, and Buffalo from a playoff spot.

I pulled this excerpt from a post I put on another thread. Suddenly, 9-10 wins becomes much more plausible if you start looking at the schedule. 

Sure we have to keep improving, and injuries are a scary proposition considering our lack of overall quality depth, but if our astrology charts work in our favor, we have a shot!

2 hours ago, dmo_dlo said:

Don’t get all this playoff talk. We have beaten three teams that have a combined 4 wins through week 7! 

You realize we have six teams on the schedule that currently have a losing record? Yes, you have to run that table to get to nine, but nine probably gets you in the playoff tiebreaker discussion.

And that's before you consider our ability to split with NO, or if we can win our home game vs TB. 

It's not so far fetched as it seemed at 0-2. 

3 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

You realize we have six teams on the schedule that currently have a losing record? Yes, you have to run that table to get to nine, but nine probably gets you in the playoff tiebreaker discussion.

And that's before you consider our ability to split with NO, or if we can win our home game vs TB. 

It's not so far fetched as it seemed at 0-2. 

The defense still feels like a work in progress but a work that seems way better than any of the works Quinn was trying to do over the past three years.

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The defense still feels like a work in progress but a work that seems way better than any of the works Quinn was trying to do over the past three years.

Quinn never seemed to care if guys  were improving or not. Never did any self-criticism, either. He seemed to treat players like pre-assembled packages he got in the mail. Whatever they were day one, that's pretty much what they were day 301. 

16 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s why I was saying it’s waaaaaay too soon to call the nfc when it’s waaaaay too crowded. 

The entire NFC outside of the division winners (and LA rams) is crowded. There are five elite teams and then the two WC spots are totally up for grabs for anyone, including the Falcons, to take. 

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

I pulled this excerpt from a post I put on another thread. Suddenly, 9-10 wins becomes much more plausible if you start looking at the schedule. 

Sure we have to keep improving, and injuries are a scary proposition considering our lack of overall quality depth, but if our astrology charts work in our favor, we have a shot!

As a Doktor, I will say that this is not a rant of a crazy man.  I agree brother.  Its not crazy talk.  Improbable, **** near Cinderella -esque, but plausible.  

12 hours ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

We were also installing a new offense and defense. I think the Falcons are somewhere between a 7 - 11 win team this year. We can make the playoffs.

Yeah, that's why I said we might be able to get better since we're so new in the systems.

How we've played up to now isn't good enough for playoffs.  But there's reason to think we might get a good bit better for exactly that new system/new install reason.