In His Sophomore Year Is AJ Terrell One Of The Best Corners In The NFL?

TsuTsu

50 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I love this kid. Doesnt just rely on athleticism you can tell he is a student of the game. Im glad he is on the team.

Yeah i call him the anti trufant. Tru was always relying on make up speed which is why even with a 4.21 40 time he would still get beat deep sometimes. He was also about as physical as a care bear...the one with the rainbow i forget its name. I wasnt super excited about the pick cuz i wanted a front 7 guy, but happy to eat crow on this one. He could totally choose to be one of those guys where hes good enough in coverage to not make much effort in run support and get away with it, but he brings it. I love that.

7 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Yeah i call him the anti trufant. Tru was always relying on make up speed which is why even with a 4.21 40 time he would still get beat deep sometimes. He was also about as physical as a care bear...the one with the rainbow i forget its name. I wasnt super excited about the pick cuz i wanted a front 7 guy, but happy to eat crow on this one. He could totally choose to be one of those guys where hes good enough in coverage to not make much effort in run support and get away with it, but he brings it. I love that.

I mean the bash for Falcons is girl like. Prior to his pec injury Tru was a monster. So I’m not gonna down one man to big up another. AJ is doing his thing and has nothing to do with Tru.

14 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

When did Trufant ever run a 4.21 40? He was like a 4.4 guy tops and your throwing out him having elite speed, which just is not Tru..pun intended😀

14 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

So Trufant was Deion Sanders.

17 hours ago, Malachore said:

He's been stellar when tested, just don't think he gets tested enough because of how bad the rest of the secondary is.

I remember that one year(maybe 2015? not sure) qb's weren't testing Trufant and everyone thought he was some shut down corner.  Then he started getting tested and he started getting burned.  Don't get me wrong, Tru was decent before his injury.  Terrell Jr is definitely going to be better in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

NGL, I was not a fan of the pick. In cases like this... glad I was wrong.

I think many were so down on him because of recency bias, they just remember him getting beat by Chase in the championship game.  Took his lumps as a rookie as most CBs do, but so far I’ve been impressed with him.

2 hours ago, Rings said:

I think many were so down on him because of recency bias, they just remember him getting beat by Chase in the championship game.  Took his lumps as a rookie as most CBs do, but so far I’ve been impressed with him.

Guilty as charged. Very glad I was dead wrong on AJ.

But I was right on CJ Henderson…..🤓

How do you measure the importance of a player in the NFL? 

It's simple, a team is better with them than they are without them. 

That being said, In my opinion great CB's are great when you don't hear about them getting beat on the field, or that is you don't hear about them on the highlight reels unless they are making interceptions. 

I think A.J. Terrell is already really good and going to be great/elite sometime soon. 

Just my opinion.... 

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!