22 draft, weapon needs

Just curious what's everyone's thoughts on where we draft our first offensive weapon next draft and what position we go after..I would be happy grabbing a Rb in the 3rd and back that up with a good slot receiver in the 4th..we don't need a fast downfield guy in this offense imo..a good slot receiver will serve us better in ASmiths offense imo..but I hope we focus on a good downhill rb, someone that can move some bodies..then look for a receiver that's a good midrange target.. Ryan dosnt need a receiver that's running 40 to 50 yards downfield..let's hopefully build on the strengths we have for our weapons..any names for big rb's and good midrange receiver that excels in routes? I'd like to check out some guys yall have in mind 

If we kept guys like OZ and Blake you better believe we need some kind of fast dude for this offense, because that's all they offer.

It depends on who's available, especially when we're preaching BPA. I'd say I would rank our offensive needs: RB, WR, TE (Assuming Hurst leaves) OL. But if there's no RB's worth picking when we're on the clock we may just roll with Davis another year alongside some FA if someone good is available. Or if the best RB in the draft falls to us and he's a stud maybe we go RB round 1. It all depends.

3 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

If we kept guys like OZ and Blake you better believe we need some kind of fast dude for this offense, because that's all they offer.

It depends on who's available, especially when we're preaching BPA. I'd say I would rank our offensive needs: RB, WR, TE (Assuming Hurst leaves) OL. But if there's no RB's worth picking when we're on the clock we may just roll with Davis another year alongside some FA if someone good is available. Or if the best RB in the draft falls to us and he's a stud maybe we go RB round 1. It all depends.

Agree, but if we grab a WR'er early I hope he's a good mid range guy that'll fit this offense..needs to be durable so he can take the hits over the middle..a Cole Beasley or Jared Cook would be what this offense needs imo..paired up with Pitts and a strong RB..we'll see the best of this offense imo

8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

The teams needs more defense either in FA or draft. Ryan does need a deep threat, grab some one like Gabriel or Aldrick Robinson. I will take a good big physical possession WR in the mid rounds. Rb hopefully in 2nd. Grab a Safety, DL in the draft. 

100% agree, we'll see this offense take off once we get those pieces in place! 

I would say we need a bit of both offense and defense.   I would add a OL, RB, and WR on offense and a  DE, CB, and DT on defense as my main targets.       Might look at a QB if one drops in the mid teens thats a top 5 to 10 guy like a Willis maybe and he is BPA.

Although my best case scenario is we target alot of the positions we need in FA with good talent that is a upgrade and then as always draft BPA in every round to continue to build talent and depth everywhere.

8 hours ago, dydydynomite said:

Look up Wan’dale Robinson Wr from Kentucky and Kenneth Walker III Rb from Michigan State

Biased with Walker, but I think he'd be deadly in this offense. Don't think he's the kind of guy to really carry the load, but he's a weapon that DCs would ALWAYS have to plan for. Breakaway speed, sure, but I bet he leads CFB in broken tackles. Puts the shoulder down more than a 5'10 210 guy usually does too. 

10 hours ago, Lornoth said:

I'm not too worried about TE. We've got Kyle Pitts and the obvious TE1, Lee Freaking Smith.