NLCS: Dodgers vs Braves

Unknøwn

49 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Roberts announced he won't start Scherzer tonight. Instead Knebel will start again and they'll go with a bullpen game. 

That's gotta catch up with them eventually. Key will be getting to whatever starter they use, seems a dangerous game to play this soon.... hope it backfires on their *****.

50 minutes ago, vietlanta said:

Wished they have strider instead of Martin, who struggling real bad. Need someone throwing 99mph gas

The knock on Strider is he can struggle with command at times.  Not what you want in a mid October game. That's why they went with Lee over Strider in the NLDS. That would be a huge moment in a loud environment for a kid with 2 MLB games. Strider is special and his time will come with more experience 

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

That's gotta catch up with them eventually. Key will be getting to whatever starter they use, seems a dangerous game to play this soon.... hope it backfires on their *****.

They do have a deep bullpen. I'm guessing Roberts is thinking if he can steal this game then he's looking good. He'd have Scherzer, Buehler and Urias lined up for the next 3. Instead of dueling bullpen games in Game 4, he'll be throwing a 20 game winner against the Braves bullpen

26 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

They do have a deep bullpen. I'm guessing Roberts is thinking if he can steal this game then he's looking good. He'd have Scherzer, Buehler and Urias lined up for the next 3. Instead of dueling bullpen games in Game 4, he'll be throwing a 20 game winner against the Braves bullpen

Yeah I get it, just hope it backfires. Also another reason I don't like how the current 2/3/2 schedule is. Home team almost needs to sweep the first 2 or they have a massive disadvantage. 

Knebel only appeared in 1 game against the Braves this year. He got Joc and Soler out. Albies singled off him. He was pulled after 2 outs. He didn't pitch in the NLCS last season since he was with Milwaukee. He's appeared in 10 games career against Atlanta. In those games he's allowed 10 H, 3 ER in 9.2 innings. 

30 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Yeah I get it, just hope it backfires. Also another reason I don't like how the current 2/3/2 schedule is. Home team almost needs to sweep the first 2 or they have a massive disadvantage. 

That’s why I think a 3-2-2 would be good.  You give the higher seed an advantage by having 3 at home to start

9 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Am I being a homer in saying this lineup isn't any more formidable than ours?

It's not as intimidating as some lineups they've had in the past. They still led MLB in runs scored though. Plus we all know Trea Turner destroys Braves pitching and always has. 

Just now, Unknøwn said:

It's not as intimidating as some lineups they've had in the past. They still led MLB in runs scored though. 

I think we do a much better job against it as long as they throw strikes. Not having Muncy really hurts them when it comes to plate disciple. It seems contagious.

14 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I think we do a much better job against it as long as they throw strikes. Not having Muncy really hurts them when it comes to plate disciple. It seems contagious.

They also don't have Joc or Kike anymore. Those were there 2 big time clutch guys. Joc hit .389 with a HR and Kike .308 with 2 bombs in last years NLCS. Turner is still there and he killed us last year. He's coming off a 1 for 20 NLDS though. 

31 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

They also don't have Joc or Kike anymore. Those were there 2 big time clutch guys. Joc hit .389 with a HR and Kike .308 with 2 bombs in last years NLCS. Turner is still there and he killed us last year. He's coming off a 1 for 20 NLDS though. 

Corey Freaking Seager.

21 minutes ago, jidady said:

Realistically, if *you* are saying it, then Atlanta must have a better lineup. It's the Malachore Curve.

Seriously though I think these teams are very evenly matched. I feel like lineups are a wash, they have the bullpen and Braves the SP.

This team feels like the teams the 90s Braves always ran into in October. Fought to get in and had a couple dominant SP that would shut us down.

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

Am I being a homer in saying this lineup isn't any more formidable than ours?

I agree it isn't as formidable as some in the past like @unknown, but I think they just do a better job of manufacturing runs than us.

We struggle with small ball at times and it seems like Mookie or Tuner can get on base, steal, wild pitch, etc and score without a hit. 

Trae Turner is just a thorn in our side and I hated that he went there at the deadline.