Jump to content

NLCS: Dodgers vs Braves


Unknøwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, K26dp said:

Good major signings: Josh Donaldson, Charlie Morton, Travis d'Arnaud

Bad major signings: Marcell Ozuna, Cole Hamels 

Somewhere in the middle: Will Smith, Chris Martin

Even when you know what you're doing, it can be a crapshoot. Smart teams use free agency to add spice to a roster, not build with with. 

Hamels was an awful one.  Was Ozuna's troubled home life well known?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Hamels was an awful one.  Was Ozuna's troubled home life well known?

Nobody could predict what would happen but his wife was arrested before the 2020 season for domestic violence. I think she hit him with a pan if I remember right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Hamels was an awful one.  Was Ozuna's troubled home life well known?

My list was done with 100% hindsight. I don't think anyone was against the Ozuna signing at the time. It's more support that free agency is risky and expensive and should be used to add spice to a roster not build one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 4:24 PM, Unknøwn said:

Nobody could predict what would happen but his wife was arrested before the 2020 season for domestic violence. I think she hit him with a pan if I remember right. 

Matter of fact, before the legal problems, Ozuna was one of the major reasons we DID Make and advance in the playoffs last year so not sure why that is in his bad signings list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Matter of fact, before the legal problems, Ozuna was one of the major reasons we DID Make and advance in the playoffs last year so not sure why that is in his bad signings list.

The 2021 signing was unquestionably bad. I guess you could say the 2020 signing was good. 

But, **** Ozuna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...