Trufant and poole released

2 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

I think Poole Is still not 100%. But Trufant is healthy. They haven’t used him much if at all. I’d be on board. We could use some help in secondary. Anyway, someone would need to hose off the Saints scent. But after that he could help us out. 

Can't just hose off that level of stink. Gotta use scouring powder, bleach and a wire brush. 🤣

30 minutes ago, likeriver said:

Can he be Tru to who he once was?

Probably not.

This is his 8th year and guys usually do not regain form nearly a decade in .. especially after a couple injury filled years.

Doesn't mean he can't be a serviceable player...but I doubt you see the guy who was **** near lock down  early in his career.

23 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Alford, even with his penalties was ALWAYS a better CB than Trufant.

If nothing else, he would/could at least catch the ball when thrown right at him. 

That use to kill me about Trufant. I have never seen a guy drafted that high dropping so many right at him picks!

43 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He was still pretty good in 2018.

And was not terrible in 2019.

But he was not that guy that he was in 14,15 and 16 before the pec.

28 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

he wasn't the same before that injury. He was having a down year to his standard up until he got hurt

Just seemed like mentally he never got over the injury.  Played timid and nonconfrontational.  He had some flashes after like the multi pick game but he just never seemed to get over that injury mentally.

9 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Tru was the better cover corner but Alford was a more dynamic play maker

100% This.  People forget Tru didn’t get targeted very often because of how good his coverage was most the time, they just remember him dropping picks.  Alford to me was the equivalent of Kazee.  Nose for the ball and made highlight plays, but also made a ton of detrimental plays in blown coverage or penalties.

15 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Tru was the better cover corner but Alford was a more dynamic play maker

6 minutes ago, Rings said:

100% This.  People forget Tru didn’t get targeted very often because of how good his coverage was most the time, they just remember him dropping picks.  Alford to me was the equivalent of Kazee.  Nose for the ball and made highlight plays, but also made a ton of detrimental plays in blown coverage or penalties.

Alf will always have a special place in my heart for that pick 6 in the SB.  That may have been the highest I've ever been as a Falcon fan.

But yeah he was maddening because he would commit dumb penalties for no reason after being in perfect position.

1 hour ago, athell said:

Alf will always have a special place in my heart for that pick 6 in the SB.  That may have been the highest I've ever been as a Falcon fan.

But yeah he was maddening because he would commit dumb penalties for no reason after being in perfect position.

To be fair to him.... Most penalties are judgment calls and  they are subject to the whims of the officials that day.

2 hours ago, athell said:

I wanna say about 40% of Alfs penalties was horse shjt. The man had some of the stickiest coverage when conditions were right. I can never forget the amount of times he was hosed on perfectly covered plays.