Most receptions by rookie without a drop

red falcon

10 hours ago, robertap said:

I'm not triggered in the slightest, I was pointing out that I haven't seen anyone hate on Pitts. You're the one getting all bent out of shape. If you want to resolve the matter, then show me someone who was hating on Pitts. If you don't want to, that's fine. You do you.

Dude, let’s knock it off.  “Hater” is a common figure of speech here.  Unless you’re new, you know dam well it is.  
Just as there is REAL MR hatred, some of that QB4 crap spilled over to Pitts.  I’ve already explained it.  Quit pretending you don’t understand WTH I’m talking about.  You’re the only one who didn’t get my post lmao.  I will do me. We’ll agree to disagree.  I’m fine with that.  👍

7 minutes ago, athell said:

Going into this season I had no doubt Rid could be a 1.  I am hoping he regains that form.

I just don't think he fits the mold for Smith's offense. The bigger possession type receivers seem to match up better with the 22 personnel sets and not the reincarnation of Marvin Harrison.

Has nothing to do with Ridley, and I think he is perfectly suited to be a #1 in a different offense(for example Koetters offense), just don't see him as a natural in this one. Now granted, that is based on the version we are seeing right now, obviously the offenses "finished product" might be a different story.

20 hours ago, fuego said:

I thought he was dropping the ball all over the place against WFT. Didn't he have about 3 passes in a short amount of time that he missed? I remember thinking it at the time and us talking about it in the game thread I thought. I mean from the stat obviously he hasn't dropped any, but I remember something in that game.

I think a drop has to be a rather easy/uncontested catch, but what exactly that means to the person counting stats is anybody's guess.

Trading down was still the best option.

At #4, Chase was still BPA, as demonstrated by his historic start despite not playing last year.

Pitts was a strong plan B, just like Trae Young after Luka Doncic.

The only terrible choice would have been a QB. We aren't seeing a lot of those "the best franchises think in decades" posts about rookie QBs now, are we?

1 hour ago, jidady said:

Trading down was still the best option.

At #4, Chase was still BPA, as demonstrated by his historic start despite not playing last year.

Pitts was a strong plan B, just like Trae Young after Luka Doncic.

The only terrible choice would have been a QB. We aren't seeing a lot of those "the best franchises think in decades" posts about rookie QBs now, are we?

They have all looked abysmal except for Mac Jones who has looked average in a dink and dunk system in New England. Justin Fields look like he might be out of the league by the time his rookie deal is done. Zach and Trevor have been terrible but they have shown some flashes here and there. Lance is too small a sample size but he looked pretty bad in his first start. Definitely too early to write any off them off though.  

4 hours ago, Serge said:

We talk about it like it's a genuine "curse," but the way this team is built, makes the way we lose inevitable. We start fast, put up points, but we don't have a defense that can protect a lead, or a balanced offense that can protect a defense in the 2nd half. And then people go "we're so close, but this team is doomed to blow the lead late," and it's not so much that we're "cursed," as Dimitroff not being able to reload the defense or the offense around Ryan and Julio after the Super Bowl. By the same token, it's not some curse that can be lifted by the right offensive scheme or something; it's a talent deficit that becomes more apparent over the course of a game.

That’s fine but you have to allow this regime to retool the team based on their (AS) requirements. That’s won’t happen in one year especially with the salary cap situation they inherited as they can’t acquire high priced key FA (instead low budget one year rentals). They basically need their draft picks to take off and their existing players to learn the new scheme. It’s really a ‘suck and see’ season