Gruden resigns after more emails leaked

Mr. Hoopah!

7 hours ago, Slumerican said:

In before every rap artist is canceled. 

O wait, nevermind they get a pass for some reason 

Do you realize that not everyone is accountable to the masses due to what they do or their place in society? 

I think "art" by its very definition is open to interpretation. I personally don't like certain things, so I don't partake. Many "rap" artist have use the notion of they are "rapping" about their culture/environment and what they see around them. I might not like the presentation, so I'm not a buyer.  That means, I don't contribute to their success. 

The artist themselves are like independent contractors. They do not represent in most cases a corporate brand that everyday people are attempting to become a stakeholder in.

At the end of the day I think what you may be upset with is accumulation of money/power/influence and greed. I don't think companies such as Sony Music or Columbia Records are what they once were. Music of any type is around today due to air play and downloads. As long as individuals buy, it's going to sell.  People gravitate towards what is different, edgy and proactive in this arena.  It's such a niche that the artists and their creations are not as easy to hold accountable like a guy working for a media organization with a contract. 

34 minutes ago, isproab said:

Do you realize that not everyone is accountable to the masses due to what they do or their place in society? 

I think "art" by its very definition is open to interpretation. I personally don't like certain things, so I don't partake. Many "rap" artist have use the notion of they are "rapping" about their culture/environment and what they see around them. I might not like the presentation, so I'm not a buyer.  That means, I don't contribute to their success. 

The artist themselves are like independent contractors. They do not represent in most cases a corporate brand that everyday people are attempting to become a stakeholder in.

At the end of the day I think what you may be upset with is accumulation of money/power/influence and greed. I don't think companies such as Sony Music or Columbia Records are what they once were. Music of any type is around today due to air play and downloads. As long as individuals buy, it's going to sell.  People gravitate towards what is different, edgy and proactive in this arena.  It's such a niche that the artists and their creations are not as easy to hold accountable like a guy working for a media organization with a contract. 

And it just worries me who/what decides what's right or wrong atm..I doubt Gruden even had a thought 10 years ago a email he was sending in private would cost him his job in 2021..this going back in time and canceling people for things they did or said a decade or more ago is a slippery slope I believe..who is the king of culture now that decides the punishment for things? What's the movie they arrested people before they committed a crime? 

I'd never accuse Gruden for being a morally strong leader..never cared for him..but I don't feel right the way things went down in this situation 

8 hours ago, Slumerican said:

In before every rap artist is canceled. 

O wait, nevermind they get a pass for some reason 

Uh, the highest streaming rapper over the last year WAS 'canceled' for saying a gay slur at a concert. 

I hate cancel culture as much as anyone, and it happens on both sides of the spectrum ad nauseum, but based on what he said in those emails, this isn't really the hill to die on to argue against cancel culture. 

10 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

And it just worries me who/what decides what's right or wrong atm..I doubt Gruden even had a thought 10 years ago a email he was sending in private would cost him his job in 2021..this going back in time and canceling people for things they did or said a decade or more ago is a slippery slope I believe..who is the king of culture now that decides the punishment for things? What's the movie they arrested people before they committed a crime? 

I'd never accuse Gruden for being a morally strong leader..never cared for him..but I don't feel right the way things went down in this situation 

We have a difference of opinion on this.  I honestly appreciate the debate.  I think for society's sake, we have to all try and be good stewards.  You talked about Minority Report.  Loved the visuals in the movie, but the concept put forth was out there.  Pre-crime, yeah I don't think we can predict the future.  Even if we could, the ideas in the move would shred the constitution as we know it.

Brings to mind another movie or just general "type" of movie.  At my core, dystopian movies, while interesting, always bother me.  Take a movie like Mad Max, In Time or The Running Man.  It seems like fiction that society could actually get to a point like what is portrayed in these movies.  When I look at the "disregard" for others and the lack of dignity shown some people, I can absolutely see how society could regress.  Too many people in key positions believe that its "OK" to basically be an a-hole/bigot/racist/sexist etc.  That their feelings, and thoughts/beliefs are what should drive the narrative in any arena, especially when they are not inclusive.

As far as who is running the show and who is "king of culture"... greater society gets to make the call.  Most people in these situations have a boss.  A boss that has a boss that is accountable to business forces that bring in income.  You can't be a detriment to a business and their ability to make money.  Once that happens, you get cut away.

People may not like it, but this is what business has evolved into.  People say "keep politics out of sports", well, these owners and leagues lobby for more favorable economic & social policies so they can flourish.  I can't really say who started it, but our political system and these businesses are all willing participants in the relationships.  Years ago teams starting getting involved tightly with business all in the name of advertising and money.  I'm thinking specifically of "naming rights," but there are many others.  This opens the door for private teams and leagues to be held accountable to the people.  These businesses are public in a lot of cases or depend on customers.  Can't go offending your customer base or they walk away.

Most people don't want to be talked down to or thought of as inferior and nobody can blame them.

9 minutes ago, isproab said:

We have a difference of opinion on this.  I honestly appreciate the debate.  I think for society's sake, we have to all try and be good stewards.  You talked about Minority Report.  Loved the visuals in the movie, but the concept put forth was out there.  Pre-crime, yeah I don't think we can predict the future.  Even if we could, the ideas in the move would shred the constitution as we know it.

Brings to mind another movie or just general "type" of movie.  At my core, dystopian movies, while interesting, always bother me.  Take a movie like Mad Max, In Time or The Running Man.  It seems like fiction that society could actually get to a point like what is portrayed in these movies.  When I look at the "disregard" for others and the lack of dignity shown some people, I can absolutely see how society could regress.  Too many people in key positions believe that its "OK" to basically be an a-hole/bigot/racist/sexist etc.  That their feelings, and thoughts/beliefs are what should drive the narrative in any arena, especially when they are not inclusive.

As far as who is running the show and who is "king of culture"... greater society gets to make the call.  Most people in these situations have a boss.  A boss that has a boss that is accountable to business forces that bring in income.  You can't be a detriment to a business and their ability to make money.  Once that happens, you get cut away.

People may not like it, but this is what business has evolved into.  People say "keep politics out of sports", well, these owners and leagues lobby for more favorable economic & social policies so they can flourish.  I can't really say who started it, but our political system and these businesses are all willing participants in the relationships.  Years ago teams starting getting involved tightly with business all in the name of advertising and money.  I'm thinking specifically of "naming rights," but there are many others.  This opens the door for private teams and leagues to be held accountable to the people.  These businesses are public in a lot of cases or depend on customers.  Can't go offending your customer base or they walk away.

Most people don't want to be talked down to or thought of as inferior and nobody can blame them.

I agree with 95% of everything you said here. I just hope I'm not judged today for things I did 10 years ago..and 10 years from now I'll probably look back at myself today and wonder wth was I thinking on alot of my decisions..its like alot of these climate activist keep telling us to conserve energy and lower emissions..John Kerry's electric bill at one of his houses averages around 3,800.00 per month..its becoming a society of elitist..do and act as we are told

35 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

One point I left out.  A co-worker said something interesting to me a few years ago about a coach.  We were complaining about travel baseball coaches and how the coach does a horrible job of communicating.

I'm a corporate type, work in Information Technology for a large company headquartered in Atlanta. My co-worker said to me, "why do you think he is a travel baseball coach?"  

20 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

I agree with 95% of everything you said here. I just hope I'm not judged today for things I did 10 years ago..and 10 years from now I'll probably look back at myself today and wonder wth was I thinking on alot of my decisions..its like alot of these climate activist keep telling us to conserve energy and lower emissions..John Kerry's electric bill at one of his houses averages around 3,800.00 per month..its becoming a society of elitist..do and act as we are told

True, the elitist are running everything.  I think its important to remember, "we" the people run things.  For all the folks that hate McConnell or Pelosi, it would be great if we just voted them all out.  Just to send a message, "you don't run the show".  The gridlock is "unnecessary".  The political grandstanding for your small subset vs what's best for America overall is not acceptable.

On 10/12/2021 at 9:26 AM, Slumerican said:

I agree. All these talking heads on tv, let’s see all of their private emails from 2010 until now. What did Gruden recently say about Nassib when he came out? What did Josh Jacobs say about Gruden?

17 hours ago, Matt Ryans Gold Jacket said:

I agree. All these talking heads on tv, let’s see all of their private emails from 2010 until now. What did Gruden recently say about Nassib when he came out? What did Josh Jacobs say about Gruden?

Are they using this story to distract from something else in the pipeline? The media do this time and time again. What fires are they really fighting?

May they be hiding something major that they've been involved with themselves and Gruden was an easy target to take the heat off of something that could backfire on them?

Something to ponder.

6 hours ago, Domed Outter said:

Are they using this story to distract from something else in the pipeline? The media do this time and time again. What fires are they really fighting?

May they be hiding something major that they've been involved with themselves and Gruden was an easy target to take the heat off of something that could backfire on them?

Something to ponder.

Well the fact they were investigating the Redskins and wound up tossing out info on Gruden is a little odd. What are they hiding with the Washington organization? Funny it’s a team representing DC