We are a WR away from a dominant Offense

3 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

He didn't say the Team was one piece away. He said this offense could be dominant if it had another good WR. The way they are playing, that could be so. The defense needs a ton of help, the offense isn't that far off.

22 has got to be upgraded..he's ok on the run, but guy has zero skills in the coverage game

I always wanted a vet center, but it wasn’t in the budget.

As for a WR, Tennessee might unload Jones back here pretty cheap at this point. 🤣

But seriously, we could use a vet presence there opposite Rid. Sanu was a huge addition for us. I’d like to find that kind of guy, or a Welker type that can wiggle himself open and has rock solid hands instead of rocks for hands. 

There are seven teams with lower wins than us. 1 win

There are eight teams that we are the same 2-3

That is 15 teams out of 32.  We can still turn this thing positive.  We can still be in the hunt.

As far as Ridley goes.  My thoughts.  ( There I go thinking again. ) Don't go cutting Ridley short.  He has been off his mark.  It might be a family problem.   Then he gets roasted and toasted on the TATF fan base.  It might be the pressure of being thrust into the spotlight with the departure of Julio (Who is not doing squat for the Titans BTW)

But I think something else is going on there. Could be woman problems... kid problems... any of a 100 things that life tosses at y'all.  I hope it works itself out.

4 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

Over 450 yards of offense. Both fumbles happened inside the 20. The Falcons offense, namely Ryan, Pitts, and Patterson, were having their way and the Jets defense really had no answer for them. If those drives that ended in fumbles were at least converted into FGs, heck, even if one of them is converted, that's 30 points in two straight weeks scored by the offense. Convert those into TDs at the rate the Falcons have in the past three weeks, and that's at least 37 points that should have been on the board.

They got kicked in the teeth bro. The score doesn't show it, but the Jets really weren't keeping up. They just got bailed out by miscues.

That's the game I saw. Minus the fumbles our offense was imposing its will on the Jets.

On 10/10/2021 at 9:57 PM, thanat0s said:

As for a WR, Tennessee might unload Jones back here pretty cheap at this point. 🤣

Haaaaaa lol maybe they will give us a #2 pick if we take him back!

😆

Edited by Realsurfin

On 10/10/2021 at 9:45 AM, KRUNKuno said:

I can see the light, but we don’t have the players…mainly WR.  Even with Ridley we aren’t good enough.  We need one more guy to stretch the field and we’ll be golden.  This doesn’t have to be a first round pick, or some big name.  Just another consistently reliable guy that teams can’t take lightly.   

Offensive line is settling in.  They aren’t perfect by any means and have their limitations, but Mayfield is definitely improving.  I think next year we’ll see a more confident player and play out of him.  I could go for a new center though.

The issue I see this year so far is that we can’t put it ALL together. We ran the ball extremely well game 1 but couldn’t pass. Then we passed first half of Tampa game but second half couldn’t protect or run. Then games where defense was cursing everyone all game from behind. Drops, fumbles, non blocks, etc. 

This team had moments of great play but rarely in consecutive lines. Pitts and Hurst are starting to produce but at the expense of Ridley not playing. ︅L︅ine︅ is blocking well for the pass but at the expense of lack of a run game. 

it’s going to take time but once this team fires on all cylinders in every aspect of the game, it’s liable to be a very dominant team. The gears just aren’t completely in place yet. I have faith it’s coming together

4 hours ago, jetpac said:

Not really

Take off the rose colored glasses. Don’t let a few games fool you into believing this team is going places. Falcons have beaten a terrible Giant and JETS teams. Better hit a few home runs in the draft cause there isn’t any money to bring in FA talent. 2-3 years is being generous for this rebuild 

22 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Take off the rose colored glasses. Don’t let a few games fool you into believing this team is going places. Falcons have beaten a terrible Giant and JETS teams. Better hit a few home runs in the draft cause there isn’t any money to bring in FA talent. 2-3 years is being generous for this rebuild 

Wrong guy. Ive been extremely critical of the Falcons and almost always the first to point out we’ve beat two teams with a combined 1 and 9 record. That said, we aren’t two or three years away from anything. Parity in the NFL is a beautiful thing. One off-season can change EVERYTHING. Period. 

There's going to be a lot of work necessary this offseason. For now I'm going to hope that the OL, with a lot of draft capital already invested can continue to improve and not be a priority for next year. We should have a good feel for that by the end of the season.

We are going to need Edge, DL, CB, RB, LB before worrying about WR. Also probably going to need some bodies at TE. They can bring Gage back on a reasonable deal and WR can just be a low tier FA and/or a late pick

4 hours ago, jetpac said:

Wrong guy. Ive been extremely critical of the Falcons and almost always the first to point out we’ve beat two teams with a combined 1 and 9 record. That said, we aren’t two or three years away from anything. Parity in the NFL is a beautiful thing. One off-season can change EVERYTHING. Period. 

Look at the 2019 vs. 2020 Bucs. Went from 7-9 to Superbowl.

21 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Honestly I would not mind another playmaker on offense.... It doesn't have to be a wide receiver but it could be another running back that would allow us to use CP84 and more of a receiver role.

I see the intrigue of a RB, but I like Patterson out of the backfield a lot.  It keeps defenses guessing more.  I think a WR would work better because it would give Matt another reliable target.  Drops and not getting separation from our receivers is what’s really killing us IMO.  

Gage is back in prove it territory for me.