Patriots cutting Gilmore

ya_boi_j

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

We could use him since Oliver is out. Wonder if the Pats know something that the rest of the league doesn’t know. I’m weary of anyone coming from the Pats organization. 

Yeah, this sounds like a “he is done and they know it” type of move. 

BB tends only to let players walk when they are either too expensive or done. 

He fell off pretty hard last year and is coming off an injury. That said? If we can afford him, and if he still wants to play, you absolutely take a flier. CB is one of our weakest spots.

Of course, seeing where the roster's at, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't. Despite what the staff and FO is saying, I think they are treating this year as a "see what you have and address problem areas next year" kinda season.

12 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yeah, this sounds like a “he is done and they know it” type of move. 

BB tends only to let players walk when they are either too expensive or done. 

That’s my concern as well. One thing that BB does do pretty well. I can think of only a handful of exceptions. 

19 minutes ago, Komic said:

I think TF and AS should do whatever they can to bring Gilmore in. Idk why the patriots cut him nor if he has regressed but he at worst has to be good enough to be our 2nd corner. 

Just go "oh no Mike Davis we accidentally released you! Whoops!" 

He’d have to regress back to an unfertilized egg to not be a major upgrade over what we have at CB2.😄

33 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Now if we're going to say bring him home, let's do it for someone who's actually good. This is the type of player you make moves for to sign. Yeah, probably won't happen. I'm living in that reality. Will move once he is signed

Yeah, knew that was coming once Gilmore became healthy.

Would love to have him in Atlanta - better than anyone we have and fills a specific need. 

No reason for him to want to be here, though. There will be actual contenders who can make a better offer. 

Falcons are at least one off-season away (my guess is two) before Atlanta will be an attractive place for free agents who are still near the top of their game.