MLB Playoff Games

For the A

Should be noted that the Giants are first team besides LA to win the NL West since 2012. The Dodgers had won 8 straight West titles. Giants also won the 2012 title. You have to go back 10 years to find a team besides LA or SF that won the West. Arizona won the 2011 title. Padres haven't won the West since 2006 when they won two in a row from 2005-06. 

17 minutes ago, ToxicBraves said:

I don’t see why they haven’t released game times yet. They know either NYY or BOS will be at Tampa and either LAD or STL will be at SFG. 

Yep, doesn’t make sense.  West coast game defaults as the last one.  Maybe STL winning degrades that one, but Cards have a lot of fans too.   Could be that they want that one earlier for the Cards fans too and not schedule it too late. 

17 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Should be noted that the Giants are first team besides LA to win the NL West since 2012. The Dodgers had won 8 straight West titles. Giants also won the 2012 title. You have to go back 10 years to find a team besides LA or SF that won the West. Arizona won the 2011 title. Padres haven't won the West since 2006 when they won two in a row from 2005-06. 

Did they really? I am having a hard time even thinking of who was on those teams.

EDIT: Just looked back at their squads and now I know why. Their lineup was truly awful. Only good names on those rosters were Brian Giles, Jake Peavy, Trevor Hoffman, Scott Linebrink, and then A.Gon and Piazza for a season.

24 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Did they really? I am having a hard time even thinking of who was on those teams.

EDIT: Just looked back at their squads and now I know why. Their lineup was truly awful. Only good names on those rosters were Brian Giles, Jake Peavy, Trevor Hoffman, Scott Linebrink, and then A.Gon and Piazza for a season.

The 2005 Padres won the West with 82 wins.