Mets @ Braves

Unknøwn

14 minutes ago, dmite said:

What happened?

In skimming, he apparently said that how a team did should matter and then proceeded to say that players on worse teams were more deserving of MVP. He also went on a rant about how teams that strike out don't win, which is pretty much delusional this year.

Smoltz is just one of those old guys that's mad about the way the game is played now. I think he just lost his joy of the game. He was fine when he first started broadcasting but I think he's burnt out and cranky now. He's probably a little salty he got banned from the place he works too. He's banned from MLB studios because he won't get the vaccine. 

10 hours ago, jidady said:

In skimming, he apparently said that how a team did should matter and then proceeded to say that players on worse teams were more deserving of MVP. He also went on a rant about how teams that strike out don't win, which is pretty much delusional this year.

I think he said if you’ve got a tie as a voter, they could use team performance for tie breaking their vote but also said when you look at Soto with no help around him producing the way he is is impressive. He was wishy washy on it between Harper and Soto.  I don’t recall the strikeout comment but I only got to watch bits and pieces of the broadcast.   What I did watch, he seemed ok and was telling stories which is much better than our usual broadcast that regurgitates talking points every half inning. 

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Smoltz is just one of those old guys that's mad about the way the game is played now. I think he just lost his joy of the game. He was fine when he first started broadcasting but I think he's burnt out and cranky now. He's probably a little salty he got banned from the place he works too. He's banned from MLB studios because he won't get the vaccine. 

I don’t think he cares about being barred from going in, maybe only the press about it.  Like many around the world that are able to, working from home has become pretty normal. 

17 minutes ago, dmite said:

I don’t think he cares about being barred from going in, maybe only the press about it.  Like many around the world that are able to, working from home has become pretty normal. 

He did a lot of work in studio between broadcasts on the weekends as did AL Leiter. The report said MLB Network was originally going to terminate them but agreed to the compromise of remote work. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a little salty about it but who knows. 

Morton will only throw a limited amount of pitches to stay in rhythm. Id expect this to a Spring type of game. The big guys like Freeman, Riley, etc will probably be pulled after a couple of ABs. D'Arnaud might go the distance since he's had 2 full days off. 

In a hilarious turn of events, we're going to wind up third in the NL in run differential. We went ahead of Milwaukee the other day, and they're getting crushed by the Dodgers. So, it's be the Dodgers, the Giants, and then us.

We're also officially finishing as the only NL East team with a positive run differential. It was a BAD division in 2021.

1 hour ago, ToxicBraves said:

Definitely was a rough year but they made it. Unlike past years, this year none of the NL playoff teams scare me. I can easily see the Braves making it to the World Series. 

The only one that worries me are the Dodgers, and that's only because they seem to have some psychological grip on the Braves.  The Braves can beat them, but they often beat themselves instead.