Takes That Didn't Age Well - 2021 Season.

Born Again Georgian

Alright y'all.

I normally don't make topics, because while I am a big Braves fan, I'm not a baseball guru.  I leave that big brained, stat stuff, to the rest of y'all.

With that being said, what's your big plate of crow you're eating this season.  Any takes that didn't age well at all?  I'll start.  Remember, this is light hearted, and we're all (mostly) Braves fans.  Still haven't seen that guy pimpin' the Padres a few months back...  Anyway.

- Austin Riley will probably continue to be a blackhole on offense.  Boy, was I wrong.

I was guilty of saying Riley was a bust and should be sent to eternal AAAA league ball. Too good for AAA and not good enough for the bigs. 

And a shout out to all the experts who laid into me about my views on the positive qualities of Adam Duvall and stating that I wanted him back in the ATL real bad while he was an RBI machine in Miami. You were all wrong. Every last one of you.  Shame, Shame, Shame…..😀

Edited by Epic Hot Takes

I liked Soler, but he was just so so awful with KC this year. I mean just abjectly turrible. Boy has he turned into a totally different animal once he was traded here. A true night and day difference.

I thought we were gonners once we allowed the lead to dwindle to 0.5 games over Philly a couple weeks ago. We weren't playing good ball, and Philly was surging (despite the lackluster teams they made their run on).

I thought Will Smith would turn it around this year after what he did last year. Whoops.

Non-Braves related? I thought the Mets would win the division, the Padres were going to be really good this year, and the Giants would eventually fade. *oof*

I don’t think there was a single person here who supported us being buyers at the trade deadline.

Something I like about AA is that he seems to tell GMs, “I will do it…but only for this.” Then, he lets them shop around, knowing that if they can’t do any better, he will get something done.

That Soler trade at the deadline was a “no other offers” kind of acquisition that has paid huge dividends.

13 hours ago, jidady said:

I don’t think there was a single person here who supported us being buyers at the trade deadline.

Something I like about AA is that he seems to tell GMs, “I will do it…but only for this.” Then, he lets them shop around, knowing that if they can’t do any better, he will get something done.

That Soler trade at the deadline was a “no other offers” kind of acquisition that has paid huge dividends.

Hey speak for yourself

1 minute ago, jidady said:

You're a genius if you didn't. I had Charlie Morton's bags packed and his airport Uber set up.

I was only a proponent of buying to keep butts in seats for next year. Didn't think we'd actually get to the point of winning the division in the end, so can only give myself a half-pat on the back.

On 7/29/2021 at 12:54 PM, ATLBrave said:

See @Unknøwn's post above. I don't think we should be moving mountains to acquire players, but generating revenue is a huge piece of the pie for this team and selling or doing nothing is not going to help with that. 

Just to prove I wasn't lying. 😂

5 minutes ago, jidady said:

That still gives you a half-pat lead in our division.