TJ Green

Falconcheff

8 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Definitely would not say he played well. Fortunately the defense did a decent job overall but the Falcons missed Terrell on the outside. I agree Moreau has been really bad to start the year though. 

I didn't think he played well, but didn't realize the stats. He made a few plays but I saw a lot of Ehhhhhh plays as well. The good news is we WON!

9 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Definitely would not say he played well. Fortunately the defense did a decent job overall but the Falcons missed Terrell on the outside. I agree Moreau has been really bad to start the year though. 

I was reading this thread wondering if I was watching the same game. 😆 

Thanks for this.

9 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Eh those are not great stats. It was clearly part of their game plan to isolate him and whatever receiver. They were definitely targeting him. 

I was general a fan of his play though. I think another thing worth noting is that our plan on defense seemed to be to allow them to make lots of 10 yard completions and move the ball well into our red zone and then we would stop them.

1 minute ago, EpicBird said:

Moreau was benched by Washington last year. You saw why today. Green could be something but you can see why he’s been a Safety his entire career - and he’s been in the NFL for a few years. 

CB will be a priority in next year’s draft, I’m sure. 

CB,WR, IOL will be our first 3 picks hopefully. Would be really nice for BPA to fall that way. 

1 hour ago, Atlantafan21 said:

It certainly didn't feel like it was that bad lol. I think that one big catch down the sideline should have been challenged, they never gave a great look at it but I didn't think he had two feet down. 

5 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

CB,WR, IOL will be our first 3 picks hopefully. Would be really nice for BPA to fall that way. 

I’d add pass rusher and RB to that. This ain’t a 1 year fix, especially with no $ for quality free agents to fill in gaps. This is 2 or 3 more drafts from being fixed, assuming the QB situation is sorted out. 

1 hour ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Most of that yardage came on one play that he probably could’ve broken up if he turned his head. But from strictly the eye test he did fairly well today. I liked what I saw. He can be good. 

35 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

We were going up against Daniel Jones and they were missing 2 of their top WRs most of the game.

Not complaining or being a downer, just stating the truth. Pees is doing well with the defense giving the lack of talent.

Daniel Jones isn’t a slacker qb. He can gut you and hurt you with his feet. And we were down our top CB so it’s all a wash. 

35 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Most of that yardage came on one play that he probably could’ve broken up if he turned his head. But from strictly the eye test he did fairly well today. I liked what I saw. He can be good. 

That’s what I was thinking. He gave up a chunk play but I saw him battle all day and thought it would be a lot worse.  

We need to add a veteran CB. Somebody to help bring along the young guys. AJ is developing well and IO is finding his niche in the nickel but we could use some depth and a cagey veteran 

TJ Green is a solid 4th or 5th guy. I dont want him starting. Decent today though. 

38 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I’d at least let him replace one of those no play making safeties. He’s a safety by trade.

This is the reason why I really liked his play. It’s can’t be a easy transition to CBD from safety. It wasn’t great day but he was always in a good position. 

When AJ comes back would like to see his replace Harmon. Can see him playing well in run support and guarding TEs.